I couldn't help but to create a layout with a bit of creativity of my own.
My favorite technique:
- Lay the stencil on the paper
- With a sponge ink the stencil with the embossing ink (I wanted a faded out look on either side so I did not place ink all the way to the edges. If you accidentally go further than you wanted to ... after you sprinkle on the embossing powder ... after the next step ... use a small, clean paint brush to brush away any areas you do not want to emboss.)
- carefully lift the stencil
- Immediately sprinkle on the embossing powder
- Shake off access (save it!)
- Heat until melted with an embossing heat tool
- Let cool.....
Let's Do a Giveaway
I love working with mixed media to create a scrapbook layout. I have an extra set of Faber-Castell 24 Soft Pastels I would love to giveaway. What to do?
Follow D's Paper Studio either by email or by "Join this site." Both are on the left side of the blog.
Leave me a comment that you did.
If you already follow then ask a friend to follow and leave a comment that they did...extra entries for doing it more than once!
A little extra work this time, but I rarely ask for a "follow" for a giveaway. If you have problems shoot me an email.
I'll be back at the end of the week to announce a winner.
Prayers this week for a little extra strength would be appreciated. The week promises to be unusually challenging.
Have a Crafty Artsy Day!