Clicking My Heels..."I Wish It Was Spring!"

I'm ready for spring colors.  Soft pastels, green grass, cute colorful clothes, and making memories.  Ahh, I dream. 

I created this spring-ish layout for the sketchy challenge at Canadian ScrapbookerI could not resist using these photos and paper because they just melt my heart that is wishing for Spring.

Ingredients:  Prima Angelique Paper Collection; flowers; Idea-ology Alpha Parts; Ranger Distress Ink Worn Lipstick, Antiquities Verdigris embossing powder, Glossy Accents; Technique Tuesday canvas butterfly; Twinklets diamond Dust; Delta Soy Paint Mushroom; Stampers Anonymous stamp from the Tim Holtz collection; Recollections Boutique Fleur floral Embellishments (antennae to the butterfly)

I'm going to tell on myself.  I've been sick with sinus infection and all that comes with it.  One of the medications I'm taking makes me a bit light headed.  When I was cutting the pink piece of paper I thought I had cut it the right width.  Nope.  Then I figured I could piece it together if i cut a second piece to make up the width.  I did, but then I cut for the pattern wrong.  All in all I ended up with three pieces I could not hide that I had cut it wrong.  So I decided not to hide it but rather turn it into a design element and machine stitched on the cut pieces.  Looks good to me.  LOL  Lesson:  don't scrapbook while under the influence.  

I loved creating the butterfly.  The base is a plain canvas butterfly,  I stamped my image with embossing ink and embossed with this beautiful green.  I inked the rest of the butterfly with Tim Holtz's distress ink Worn Lipstick.  I added the diamond dust and little antennae (after digging through the yard sale items I've put away.)  I love how it turned out. 

The photos are of my Little and her best friend from last spring. 

Have a Crafty Day!


Comments

  1. I love how you turned an oops into an element. I never would have known! Very pretty colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wouldn't have noticed either! It looks like spring to me too:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful layout, love the butterfly it's so pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. they are adorable~love how the LO turned out!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i would have never noticed your "cut mistake!" the page looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your combination even if it was an event to even get this layout done!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty layout. Too funny about the paper mishap, but it looks fine to me :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww such adorable photos and lovely layout!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful layout and such adorable photos!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a lovely spring page, Debby. Makes me wish this winter would be over SOON! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, ask a question, or just bring the chocolate for your next visit to Ds Paper Studio!