Future Heritage Layout

Last week I took a trip to see my mom and in-laws.  Along with me was my daughter-in-law and little Alison.  It was a birthday surprise for Mom Lewis (Maw Maw).  It was wonderful when we arrived at their house unannounced.  I told her we had a birthday surprise and about that time Nessa and Ali knocked on the door.  The surprise for Maw Maw and Papa was priceless.  This was the first time Maw Maw and Papa had met their great-granddaughter.  It was a wonderful time. (More layouts to come.)

This layout will be treasured not only by our family as well as Alison.  It is the most precious heritage photo although the event was current it stops time for one special moment.

Let's Break It Down
Graphic 45's Secret Garden paper collection
Blue Fern Studio chipboard
Prima crochet buttons and resin flowers
Tim Holtz Distress Ink, Vintage Photo and Alphabet
Fiskars Micro-Tip Scissors
Other: tear ruler, lace/ribbon,

Have I said it before?  Graphic 45 and Blue Fern Studio are two of my top favorite companies!  I was featured Sunday on Blue Fern Studio's blog.

Detail cutting is always fun and relaxing for me.  The lilies around the photo was the hardest, but I made it through.  I love that the BFS lilies match G45's Secret Garden lilies. 

I rarely paint or ink BFS's chipboard because it is so beautiful in it's natural state.

The layout is based on August's sketch challenge for BFS.  Check it out and play along.  They are giving away some of their awesome chipboard for their monthly sketch challenge winner.  

August Challenge

Have a Crafty Day!



Comments

  1. A beautiful story and a beautiful page!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How sweet! Loving the Blue Fern [pieces! I need to get some of those!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh, this is GORGEOUS!! I just LOVE your color choice against the raw chipboard- just so beautiful. Thanks so much for joining us this month at BFS again- congrats to you on your feature for the July challenge- WELL deserved!!

    xErin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely priceless and precious, Debby. Beautiful page!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful photo and page:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great treatment for a very special photo!

    ReplyDelete
  7. a goose bump moment:):) love the LO and the chipboard looks great not painted~ I perfer it like that:):) Wonderfulall the way around!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous layout! Love the soft colors you used.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful photo and lovely page!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, this a beautiful take on the sketch!! I love the colors!! And the photo is oh so sweet!! Thanks for joining us this month!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Debby, such a wonderful surprise and a GREAT layout to remember that special day! Just love it, and always so glad to have you join in the BFS sketch challenge. I know how you LOVE your Blue Fern Studios chippie. :) Blessings,

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, ask a question, or just bring the chocolate for your next visit to Ds Paper Studio!