Papa! -- July Graphic 45 Challenge

This photo is of Ali's first time meeting her great grandfather.  The first day Ali was checking everyone out.  On day two she was having fun.  On the first day Maw Maw got to hold her first.  On day two Papa was waiting at the door to hold Ali.  Ali commanded the best of all audience. 

Surprise! 
Let's Break It Down
Graphic 45 July sketch and tutorial
Graphic 45 Place in Time paper collection
Tim Holtz Distress Ink Vintage Photo, clock, numbers
Ribbon May Arts
Prima, feathers from a flower
American Crafts Thickers
Ranger Glossy Accents

For this layout challenge I tried to follow the instruction in the tutorial.  Pretty simple if you read everything and pay attention.  I saw "apply ... " which to me meant apply Glossy Accents on the star.  I did and it was way too thick, so I used the edge of a piece of cardboard to take off the pile of Glossy Accents leaving enough to create that shine.  I could have saved my glue for later if I had read "apply embossing ink...."  I think some of my husband's tendencies about not reading directions have rubbed off on me.

I did not have the chipboard tags from Graphic 45 so I created my own three dimensional embellishment.

My BIGGEST mistake.  I had everything adhered to the foundation page.  I stepped back to look at the whole layout and there it was.  Why didn't I have a title?  Isn't it suppose to have the word "July" at the top for my title?  Yes, it would have if I had not turned my paper upside down.  I wonder if I had my coffee that morning.

Well, it's August in South Carolina and we have received so much rain this month my flowers are falling over from such a wet soil and the blossoms are so full of water it's making them top heavy.   This has been the craziest spring/summer ever.  Last week we have a cold front move in with the rain and the temperatures went from 95+ degrees to the 60's in one night.  On the good side, it's amazing weather to scrapbook.

Have a Crafty Day


Comments

  1. Great layout, love the layers and te products you used!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you worked the title in beautifully! Lovely page.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great memories in a great layout.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL,the layout looks great. I love all the bits at the bottom, totally works for me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great layout, love the layers and photos :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet, sweet page!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You rock these products!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, ask a question, or just bring the chocolate for your next visit to Ds Paper Studio!