Pretty As A Picture

I love this photo of Little exploring one of Mommy's vintage cameras.  I have a feeling that Little is going to be a photographer like her mom.  She loves to take my iPhone or my camera to take pictures.  It might be of my toes, but she still likes to take photos. 

Snap
Let's Breat It Down
Bo Bunny- paper collection and rub-ons
Blue Fern Studio- chipboard banner
Tim Holtz- Filmstrip Ribbon, Distress Ink Vintage Photo, Tiny Fastener, letters, paper piercer, flower
Ranger- Paint Dabbers Picket Fence, Archival Ink Coffee, Glossy Accents
Fiskars- filmstrip stamp
EK Success- border punch
Other:  glitter
Layout inspiration from KarenW of Scrapbook.com

Notables
Instead of leaving my chipboard raw, (which I love to do) I decided to jazz it up a bit with glitter. After the glittered dried I removed the glitter from covering the delicate lacy areas with my paper piercer.

I've gotten away from using rub-ons so much.  In this case it was fun to utilize the matching rub-ons to add more flair to the page and create an embellishment.  I used the rub-on of the camera to create an embellishment by placing it on a piece of Kraft paper then cut out.  The accents above the photo, on the side and on top of the Fiskars stamped piece are all rub-ons.

The slide elements were cut from the paper, but they were not complete slides they were pieces that were printed around the edge of the paper.  I cut them out and slyly added them to the layout by placing the open ends of the slides under the photo. 

It is always fun to create layouts of my grandgirls.   

Thank you for the votes over at Scapbook Awards.  I did achieve my 50th vote badge and now I'm only 6 votes away from my 100th vote badge.  If you haven't voted I would love a vote for my layout, Best Dad.  No signing in or up.  Just a click!  You can vote HERE.  Thanks so much for making it fun to play at Scrapbook Awards. 

Have a Crafty Day!


Comments

  1. Fantastic page and I love the layers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute! Love the papers and those film strips!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful page, Debby! I love that you used vintage camera elements. Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh I love this line..just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an adorable photo! Love the nostalgic feel of this page.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing, as always!

    ReplyDelete
  8. love the page!! darling pic!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, ask a question, or just bring the chocolate for your next visit to Ds Paper Studio!