Christmas is not the only time to create "trees" for your home. Spring is another time that is great for making "trees." I find Halloween is a great time for "trees" to decorate in your home.
I created this tree several years ago. I pull it out every year for a small table centerpiece. It is fun and easy to make.
Fiskars Large and X-Large Square-A-Licious squeeze punch
Straight pins with the rounded heads
Bazzill Chipboard Bat
Ranger Orange Stickles, Glossy Accent
Distress Ink Soot
Synthetic Spider Web
1. cover the top of the cone with tissue or paper
2. cut your squares with a punch or use your trimmer
3. punch through pin holes on opposite corners
4. curl the square together and insert pin
5. pin the piece into the foam starting at the bottom
6. use 2" on the bottom three layers (depends on size of Styrofoam) and the 1.5" for the rest. If you are using your trimmer you can graduate even more from top to bottom.
7. tip the pin heads with the orange Stickles
8. add your topper and a bit of the synthetic spider webbing
If you use specialty paper that is one sided glue two pieces together with your Glossy Accents. It dries so quick you can bend and pin right away.
If you are ambitious check out my old YouTube video on making my Halloween Tree.
Have a Crafty Day