Scrapbook Therapy

A few months back I was really grieving for my father who died in 2000.  I always miss him but at times I wish he were here so I could be his little girl once again.

I decided to work my way out of it by creating ... creating a layout.

"i see myself in you"

This is me and my dad around 55 years ago.  I still see my dad that young.

Although this is a very simple layout I did play with several mixed media/layering techniques.

1.  I wanted color so I used Ranger's Tim Holtz Distress Ink Peacock.  while the pain was wet I sprinkled Tim's Distress Glitter Vintage Photo on a chipboard piece from Blue Fern Studios (FAV).
Click to see more of the details.
2.  Top Right Hand Corner:  The paper already had the white cursive writing on it so I added a stamp image from Wendy Vecchi's Stampers Anonymous line with Tim's Fire Brick red ink.  Then I added a touch of Ranger's Picket Fence paint dabber.  On top of that I added white rub-ons from Making Memories from 1,000,000 years ago (LOL).  I placed my Blue Fern Studio piece on top leaving enough room for more Making Memories black rub-ons.
Click to see more of the details.
3.  My banner pieces are from Maya Road.  I painted with Gesso and inked with Distress Ink Old Paper in just a few spot.  I stamped and embossed the image.

So you see it is simple but I remembered my dad in a special way and it was a good journey.

Waving out a wish for you to ...

Have a Crafty Day!




Comments

  1. Simple? More like simply beautiful... I love the bright blue chipboard piece on the left and the stamped banner pieces. Lovely remembrance

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kelly. I liked the pop of color too.

      Delete
  2. Such great therapy and a beautiful layout, Debby! I have a picture of me and my Dad, just like the one of you on your dad's shoulders! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lisa, thank you I think the photo must be standard even today for a dad and the little one.

      Delete
  3. I know what you mean about missing your dad :) ~ the LO is amazing. You have the best pictures!!! I have missed you:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Connie, I've missed you too. Hopefully, for the most part, I'm back!

      Delete
  4. Only prayer and praise can beat scraptherapy! :o) Hugz!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, ask a question, or just bring the chocolate for your next visit to Ds Paper Studio!