Scrapbooking Catch Up? You've Got To Be Kidding!

I take so many photos as well as my family that I don't think I will ever be able to catch up scrapbooking them.  I still have two more books to do for my own children and now I work hard at semi-staying current on the grandgirls' books AND I still have all my dad's photos. 

I am looking into pocket scrapbooking events like birthdays.  I love the SNAP books and pages by Simple Stories.  They seem to be just the right size for small events.  We'll see. 

This is a layout of one of my grandgirls, Ali, playing on a motorized four wheeler. 
Notables
My Mind's Eye Paper Collection Alphabet Soup, not sure of the background piece.
Blue Fern Studios chipboard "Born to be Wild" and "GR8"
Maya Road chipboard arrows
Tim Holtz rub-on numbers
Little Yellow Bicycle brads
Acrylic paints
Martha Stewart Gesso
I've been moving back to my love of rub-ons lately.  They work well with many of the mixed media techniques. Tim Holtz has some pretty good rub-ons that are durable.

A little Gesso and a little paint ... I love this simple technique for painting chipboard.  It really keeps colors true.

Shout Out!
I have been wanting to give a shout out to a very talented person. Katrina Roccella.  When I was rebuilding my blog I ran across her blog looking for social media badges.  Hers were the best and she has them free on her blog, Like Flowers and Butterflies.  It was only missing a YouTube button which she created for me upon request.  I ended up making my own in order to match the new color theme, but I certainly love these. 

Here is a sample of the watercolor buttons.  Please check out her blog if you enjoy different forms of art.  I especially love her quilts.  She also has her own line of fabric that I love. 
Buttons
Fabric
Blog Like Flowers and Butterflies

Have a Crafty Day!


Comments

  1. Loving all of those banners, Debby, and the detail of the torn back paper and stitching at the top!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is soooo adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the pictures and the paper ( cars) super cute:):)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, ask a question, or just bring the chocolate for your next visit to Ds Paper Studio!