Vintage, Maybe?

I love working with vintage photos, especially the ones my dad had taken throughout his life.  Now that I've turned another year older I decided that some of my photos are vintage.  LOL

Rottenberg, Germany
These two photo were taken in the town of Rottenberg, Germany when I visited Germany in the Spring of 1990.  It was only months after the Berlin Wall came down.  My best childhood memories were of the years I grew up in Wisesbaden and Berlin.


I so lifted this layout from one of the design team members from the Bo Bunny team, Romy Veul.  They get credit for a ton of inspiration.  I don't use the sticker or 3D stickers much.  When I saw the original layout I just had to give it a try. 

Ingredients 
Bo Bunny Somewhere In Time paper collection and Noteworthy embellishments, buttons
Blue Fern Studio chipboard (diamonds)
Tim Holtz Vintage Photo distress ink, idea-ology gears, gear alteration, paper tape, ribbon
Webster's Pages letters

Printed page behind photo:  this is a page from a dictionary, covered with paper tape from Tim Holtz then stamped on and inked.  I like it enough I would like to do a larger piece. 
Special Note:  If you know Germany well please tell me which spelling is correct for what I have as Rottenberg.  I have seen it spelled Rottenberg, Rottenburg, and another city nearby is Rothenberg.  I'm lost but I do know they have beautiful Christmas shops.  I do want to correct it here and on my layout.  Thanks.

You can see my blog banner is back, and hopefully, to stay this time.  Thanks for your patience.  I hope everyone will ...

Have a Crafty Day!



Comments

  1. Love the background and the tags as a small border. Looks amazing. Lucky you on Germay:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the layering and details on here, Debby!

    ReplyDelete
  3. whoa this is awesome, love all the details!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, ask a question, or just bring the chocolate for your next visit to Ds Paper Studio!