She's Not Afraid ... Scrapbooking Life

I love scrapbooking those closeup photos that share a feeling or thought.  I really love scrapbooking life....everyday, ordinary life.

My grandgirl, Little, really likes the show Tangled.  Rapunzel is cool, but Pascal is the best.  Not really understanding that Pascal is a chameleon she has taken to catching the little lizards around her yard and calling them Pascal.  Note:  she never harms them and always feeds them before letting them go on their merry way.  LOL

Pascal
I was inspired by Graphic 45 design team member Romy Veul with the way she layered her paper with the edges punched.  I mixed it up differently and this is what I got. 

Notables
The paper collection is Graphic 45's Communique Collection.  Backstory:  I found the paper pad at Micheal's Arts and Crafts.  It was priced at $14.95.  I usually pay $19.95 for Graphic 45's 12 x 12 paper pads.  I had in my hand a 50% off coupon.  $7.50 ... I got a steal. 

The watermark on the photo was created digitally from a digi stamp. It is a great way to emphasize the lizard that is so small.

I used three different Fiskars punches to get the fun edging affect.  With the inner most punch, Threading Water, I used embroidery thread to help emphasize the punched area.

The scalloped edge where the flowers are placed is Tim Holtz's Alteration, On the Edge Die Plaque and Postage. 

You see a lot of Tim Holtz products on this layout.  I continue to collect and use his products.  If you like this style of products also try Wendy Vecchi's products. 

I am working on Halloween now.  Some older photos and I am all ready to start with some new photos.  What are you doing during this spooky season?  I've already gone with 4 of my grands to Boo At The Zoo and 2 of them to the Trick and Treat Party at the State Museum. 

Have A Crafty Day!


Comments

  1. Wonderful layout, photo and story, Debby. That's what scrapping is all about, right? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely layout and great layering ! Love the colors of this collection !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how it turned out and love the picture!!! As always you rocked the Graphic45!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. For some reason I am not getting your email updates! Just realized that today. I have missed seeing your wonderful work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will check it out Jean. Thanks for being here. I always enjoy your comments.

      Delete
  5. Totally delightful! Think this is the first layout I have ever pinned.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Little isn't so little anymore! And she's more beautiful than ever! Oh, did I forget to mention Mimi scrapped a beautiful page, too! :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Suzi. Isn't it amazing how fast they grow. Thank goodness for scrapbooks.

      Delete
  7. Popping in to answer your question you left on my blog~the send it clear cards come in many different shapes, you add what ever paper you like. Thanks for stopping by~we need to visit :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This layout is so wonderful! I love the way you used all the patterned papers to perfection! The punched edges give it just that extra bit of texture and is something I'll have to remember. Even with all the colors and layers, the lizard stands out because of your creative digi stamp! WOW!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, this is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, ask a question, or just bring the chocolate for your next visit to Ds Paper Studio!