Turn Your Mistakes Into Masterpeices

I saw a beautiful sketch by Michelle Singh but instead of three layers of torn paper I wanted to do a stencil pattern at the top, leave the middle to the paper, and the bottom third another stencil.  Boy, did I overreach my abilities.

Ali
I first meant to use modeling paste but ended up using gesso and I don't even know why.  LOL  I guess I use so much of it it was just automatic.

I finally finished the top and bottom of the one page and rubbed in some Faber-Castell gelatos.   The color I wanted was not turning out like I thought and I was beginning to mess up the edges both on top and in the middle with ink.  What made me think I would like the lower and upper edges inked, I don't know.  Remember at this point it is still one piece of paper.  It was not getting better so I ended up tearing the top and bottom pieces off and reapplying it to another sheet of paper.  Still I wasn't liking it.

I decided to just keep going.  I added my paper strips ... all Bo Bunny ... layered my chipboard, flowers, buttons, cut out butterflies, and ribbon until I figure I could live with it.  I did love the words from Heidi Grace metallic words.

Next step was to walk away for a few days.  When I came back to take a peek I ended up liking what I had done.  I did overreach for my abilities but I gave it my best shot.  I think Ali will like it when she looks back on it years from now. 

Masterpiece?  Perhaps not...but a great lesson for me to try, try, and try again!

This is the sketch by Michele Singh for C'est Magnifique Kit.

Have a Crafty Day!


Comments

  1. I'm always inspired by your masterpieces!! I love your comment about Ali liking it someday. My DGD keeps asking, "Now this will be mine when I'm big, right?" Yep! They will see our Gramma/Mimi hearts long after we are with Jesus. Hugz!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is gorgeous. Love catching up with your work today.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, ask a question, or just bring the chocolate for your next visit to Ds Paper Studio!