December Daily: It's All About The Story

I love the unique.  So with my December Daily album I wanted something unique for the days of the month. Since I am using Graphic 45's Twas Night Before Christmas paper collection I wanted a vintage look.

I decided to use vintage postcards, preferably those that had a message on them. 

So the hunt begins.  25 vintage cards --- just go junkin' as my friend Connie would say.  I found out it is no small task to find 25 Christmas postcards.  After four antique shops we (Ruth and I) found more than I needed of Christmas postcards.

All the postcards come from the early 1900s.  Postage was only 1 cent.  Handwritten notes.  All with their own story.

My Story with "Their" Story
 I used mini stamps to put the day on each card..
 
I didn't like to do it but I hole punched the edge to place in the album.  I tried to consider other ways but it always added bulk to the book.
 I'm using both "Christmas" theme cards and "religious" theme cards.
I will place a note on the last page about the postcard stories.
 I love this idea.  My best day numbers I've created!
 Family, friends, acquaintances all have a story.

Stories...the story...it's what it's all about.

Link to a couple of my favorite 12 Days of Home for the Holiday posts.  (The giveaway on the posts are closed.)
Maggie Holmes with a yummy popcorn recipe and Tabitha Safdi Photography with a few holiday photo tips.
Stephenie Hamen's Favorite Butternut Squash
Crystal Hobbs aka Pinky shares how to creatively package food goodies.
 

Have a Crafty Day!

Comments

  1. What a wonderful idea!!

    (I sure do wish I could figure out why I am not getting your email updates. I am subscribed but they do not come through nor do they go in the spam folder).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this, I adore old post cards and vintage look. Guess posting comments on Google+ doesn't get them on your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. very unique and beautiful!!! Love the adding of the ephemera!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, ask a question, or just bring the chocolate for your next visit to Ds Paper Studio!