More Tag-spiration!

More Tag-spiriation full of inks, paints, stamps and photos as well as a few Helps/Hints.  Enjoy!
This is my husband as a young teenager.  Even then he loved his trains.  Today is he takes down his trains for the grands (so he says) to watch.  The train is a small piece of one of Graphic 45's earliest Christmas collections.  Recommendation:  Always keep those tiny bits of Graphic 45.  I used so many of the small pieces with my tags. 
I like the holes punched around the edges of the tag.  It adds a masculine touch for the guys in the family. 
I recommend Tim Holtz rub-ons.  They are easy to apply and have an interesting angle to the graphics.  It works great for my son's tag. 
This is a photo of my mom and dad pre-Debby.  Mixing up the music score stamp with the washi tape turned out awesome for this vintage style tag.  Don't be afraid to add colors to your tag.  I have red and green Distress Ink rubbed into the tag and washi tape for a more vintage feel.
A Help/Hint: if you make a mistake with one of your tags ... keep it!  With this tag I just tore the mistake off and added it to another tag.  Then I distressed, inked and stamped with ink and paint (snowflakes).

Much of the inspiration for my tags came from Tim Holtz's 12 Tags of Christmas. I did begin to branch out a bit more (building my confidence back after being out of practice).  Over the next few sets of tags you will see more.

Some of my photos are definitely Christmas themed, most of the older photos are not.  I used photos that had memories for me and memories I want to pass on.

Feel free to leave a comment of your favorite Help/Hint creating tags.  My comment section has changed.  You can leave your comment but it will not post until approved.  This gives more people opportunity to leave comments that are not signed in with Google or another platform. 

Create Memories / Pass Them On


 

Comments

  1. These are beautiful!! I like how you fixed the mistake. Great save!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, ask a question, or just bring the chocolate for your next visit to Ds Paper Studio!