On My Mind With Kaisercraft's Hanami Garden

When I saw Kaisercraft Hanami Garden collection I had the perfect photo for this theme.  The photo is of me when we lived in Germany.  Dad loved buying me little outfits and of course as cute as I was he took photos.  He was our photo bug in the family.  My daughter has taken up the mantle from him.

Love
Notables
Tim Holtz Thinlits Die Set Mixed Media #2.  The two corner pieces were cut from Tim Holtz's mix media die set.  I took it a step further by cutting around the outside to make an embellishment for my page.  These dies are truly ingenious and versatile.
Mask
I am using my masks that I purchased during the mask craze.  I never really figured out how to use them they way I wanted.  Now they are added embellishments to my pages.  I gave it a touch of white paint on the rough side to bring it out more.
Chipboard
I used an older piece of chipboard from Technique Tuesday's frames.  I cut one side to make a type of "parentheses."  I added a Distress Mustard Seed ink and stamped with Fiskars Asian Inspired.  
Finishing 
The stamped "peace" above the photo also came from Fiskars' Asian Inspired stamp set.  A cluster of Prima flowers with vintage ribbon lace and  Prima and Tim Holtz's embellishments finishes it off.  

Some fussy cut was called for when I was creating my layouts this day.  I was at a scrapbook crop and mixed media probably was not the call of the day with my neighboring croppers.  LOL  I did add a little paint splatter, but I went prepared with a box "shield."  

It was fun to revisit old memories of me and Dad.  


 Create Memories / Pass Them On






Comments

  1. So pretty and so you. Beautiful work !

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is soooo adorable. Love the page!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many amazing details, Debby! Love this design and your signature style. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, ask a question, or just bring the chocolate for your next visit to Ds Paper Studio!