Boo! My Haunted House

One thing led to another.  I purchased this at a yard sale..new...for $1.00.

Then Julie Nuttings Facebook group issued this invitation:

When I decided to make this.

Then I decided "Rita" needed a background.  So I put 1 together with 2 and got this...

Here are the parts and pieces along with just a few notables.  Enjoy.  Keep your eyes open there are a few ghosts hanging around.

A spooky spider book.  Here is the link where I attempted to make my first book like this. Artsy Fartsy: Spell Book.

What not to do: 
Do no use a very small book.
If you have time to let it dry use a thick glue that you can control more than hot glue (the web).
If you do not draw use a pattern of some sort to create your web.

The key is from Tim Holtz Idea-ology Keys Adornments Findings.  I used Finnabair's (Prima) Rust Paste Effect to create my old, rusty key.

Bottle with flower and doll is behind the spider web on the top shelf.  The candle is behind "Rita's" dress.
Candle..
Top from a tapered yellow candle dripped the wax from a white candle (get that spooky look). Melted candle wax into a bottle cap and added candle.  
Painted the bottle cap.
Using floral wire I made the "handle" and inked with Ranger's Alcohol Ink.
Added flowers and Tim Holtz die cut "Bird and Branch."

My sweet grandgirl, Vamparina.

Look Out!

"Rita" was made from Julie Nuttings' doll stamp, Graphic 45 Magic of Oz, Prima Flowers, black spider web lace, Stickles Glitter Glue silver.

Broom: made from the handle of an old paintbrush and straw.  I added a bit of glue onto the broom handle before wrapping the straw around.  I painted the handle with Finnabair's Rust Paint...just the brown.  Cool, huh.

Again
I didn't include all the products I used.  Leave me a comment question or email me (dspaperstudio@aol.com) and I will be glad to help.

If you could see my face you would understand this ...
a smile of joy!

Inspired To Created/Encouraged To Try
 



Comments

  1. omgosh that is soooo spookilicious!! love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow!!! So impressive :) You really took it up a couple of notches!!! Great work!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sure hope you enter this in Graphic 45's Dark Side monthly challenge-it is BOOTIFUL! Going in the Halloween Hall of Fame bookmarks for next year. I love everything about it-and your great tips!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, ask a question, or just bring the chocolate for your next visit to Ds Paper Studio!