Vintage Winter Photos with Graphic 45 and Blog Hop Winners!

I love getting out my dad's old photos.  These photos are of me and Dad when I lived in Texas.  Does it still snow in Texas?  The black tags with journaling are actually what Dad wrote on the back of the photos. What a wonderful thing to have.  In the beginning of Dad's love of photography, he wrote on the back of nearly every photo.  I have a treasure.

Family
Notables
Graphic 45 Winter Wonderland
Tim Holtz Thinlets snowflakes, roses, Distress Vintage Photo, Distress Glitter, and Grungeboard swirl.
Prima Crystals

Simple Page.  I liked creating my background shape.  I found a shape online and printed it out twice.  11 inches does not fit a 12-inch page.  So I put the shapes together to create a 12-inch wide curve.  I also cut out the darker mat to highlight the curve.

The bird and flowers are from another sheet of paper that I fussy cut and put together.
I still have a good amount of Grungeboard from Tim Holtz.  I still love it.  I painted the grungeboard with gesso and added Tim Holtz Distress Glitter while it was wet.
I wanted a light, airy, or better yet snowy feel to my paper.  I added the die cuts, Prima crystals along with red and silver sequins.
The black tags were created in Photoshop Elements.  I used a "white" font to create a journaling tag for my Dad's journaling from the back of the photos.

My one mistake I couldn't take back was the old vellum title I found.  I forgot I never glue down my vellum.  I did on this one.  You can't tell it but it puckered up my paper.  Sigh.

I love my Dad's photos and that he wrote on the back makes them priceless to me.
Handyman's Holiday Hop Winners.
Thank you.  Thank you.  Thank you.  We really appreciated your comments and encouragement.  I used Random.org to choose 4 winners.

Tami Spencer -- Helmar
Shelly K. Hein-Simmons--Quick Quotes Scrapbook Company
Shari -Heartfelt Creations
Carol- D's Paper Studio

Send your mailing address and full name to dspaperstudio@aol.com.  You have until Monday.

Thank you again to our fabulous sponsors.  I have created using all these products and I can honestly tell you that each one is creative, greatest of quality, and have wonderful, thoughtful people working with them.  Thank you.

Beth Williams winner is Rhonda VanGinkel.  Beth said to let you know she is thankful for your kind comment.  Please send your mailing address dspaperstudio@aol.com.

It's been a blast of a week!  Thanks to everyone.

Inspired To Created/Encouraged To Try
 

Comments

  1. Wonderful memories and layout Debby!
    Thank you for sharing :)
    CONGRATULATIONS to the winners and Thank You ALL for the Handyman Holiday Hop too, I really enjoyed the paintbrush inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tracy. I hope you are able to "attend" my next event!

      Delete
  2. What a treasure trove and beautifully presented. My mom wrote on the back of pix as well which was a good thing as memory doesn't often make it that far.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful page~love your vintage photos. You have hit gold with them:)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, ask a question, or just bring the chocolate for your next visit to Ds Paper Studio!