Christmas Past: Vintage Page

I am having a grand time going through my old photos and remembering some fun times (and not so fun tinsel hanging times LOL) as a child.  I look back and think..."This is vintage?"  Yes, it is.  Do you still hang tinsel on your Christmas Tree?

Memories
Notables
Do you know what brand this paper is?  I have a lot of friends who might remember this awesome line.  Leave me a comment and see if you can guess it.

A couple of techniques were inspired by a layout from a design team member of Bo Bunny.

A couple of fun things here. 
Tim Holtz Thinlets "Village Christmastime"
Tim Holtz Mini Thinlets die "Snowflakes"
Vintage milk/juice bottle caps from the master "picker" Conner Mercer of Crafty Goodies.

I don't know why I decided to add the vintage bottle caps other than I have a vague memory of having milk delivered to our kitchen door when I was little.  I do remember the best part of the milk of the cream off the top. 

Tim Holtz stamp/die set "Retro Christmas." 
Copic Pens
Martha Stewart flocking
I love this "retro" Santa.  I actually colored it with my Copic's.  I generally do not "color" images nor do I use Copics.  BUT I was given an opportunity to buy a big collection of Copic's and decided to give it a try.  I am into NO STRESS learning right now so I think this was a tiny project that I enjoyed the outcome.

I've been blog absent for a week and a half.  I have been out with what we believe was the flu. One of the grands tested as having the flu thus I am pretty sure it was shared with the family.  I'm still fighting some of the aftermaths of it, but we are all doing much better. 

Inspired To Created/Encouraged To Try
 

Comments

  1. Love the vintage look!!! I still hang all the ornaments my kids made in school on the tree. I did a post about tree ornaments a couple years ago....Hmmm..http://murphyslaw-lynn.blogspot.com/search?q=tree+ornaments

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks very retro/vintage. Love the milk caps, so fun!!! " Master picker" I don't know about that :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My first thought was Daisy D's but now I'm thinking maybe Bo Bunny.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, ask a question, or just bring the chocolate for your next visit to Ds Paper Studio!