December Daily, Part 2

More 8 x 8 layouts for my December Daily Albums to share with you.  As I progress I find myself stuck trying to add mixed media to my pages.  I did add some stamping, embellishment collage, and a some mixed media.

Christmas Parade

The Story
This is the first time Jim and I attended the Carolina Christmas parade.  Of course, what is a parade without a grandchild?

Notables
Bo Bunny Christmas Carousel collection
Tim Holtz Retro Christmas stamps and Thinlets, Chitchat Words, Distress Ink Vintage Photo
Copics

I am not in the habit of stamping and coloring my images.  I often tell the local scrapbook owner "I am not a stamper."  Secretly I really am.  It helps now that I have a collection of Copics.

Fussy Cutting continues to be the rage with scrapbookers and manufacturers know it.  They create beautiful paper with details to satisfy my "fussy cut" addiction.

This is my "little guy." (Not the husband but the reindeer!)  A sweet crafter gave me a bag of these foam reindeer stickers.  I decided my reindeer is to be a reoccurring element in my albums.  All I added here was a bit of stickles for his eye.  I do something different with each reindeer.

Together

The Story
Ali often goes with me to pick up my two other grands from school.  They have never been inside Ali's school.  On this occasion, they accompanied me to pick her up.  It was an adventure for them. 

Notables
Bo Bunny's Christmas Carousel collection
Tim Holtz Thinlet dies Love Words and  Framelits Swirly Snowflakes, Distress Ink Vintage Photo, Christmas Word Band Findings, ChitChat
Fiskars Round 'n Round squeeze punch

I have been trying to avoid adding dimensional elements to my books. I often end up with three albums for each year's December Daily.  Goal: two albums.

Pop dotted the snowflakes and added ribbon for dimension.  Using a stencil and gesso I created "falling snow."  I did use mixed media!  Circles punched out and added buttons. Fun layering!

Techniques To Carry On Past Christmas
Stamping
Coloring
Die Cuts
Fussy Cut
Reoccurring embellishments
Stenciling
Create 3D
Stenciling for a light effect
Layering embellishments

I challenge you to create an everyday album.  The future will find it amazing.

Inspired To Created/Encouraged To Try




Comments

  1. Beautiful pages! Love your little guy too. And those snowflakes. Yes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are getting there :) looks amazing!!! Love the retro Santa!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these. Gorgeous embellishments.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, ask a question, or just bring the chocolate for your next visit to Ds Paper Studio!