Simple Techniques for Quick Pages, December Daily Part 5

I'm in the stretch with my pages.  These are more pages with simple techniques that you can use year 'round.  I haven't posted my pages in any particular order of date.

Hanukkah

Noteables
Bo Bunny Christmas Carousal paper collection, sticker border from Safari paper collection
Amercian Craft Thickers
Tim Holtz Oxide Ink Broken Glass, chit chat words
OI Star of David die cut
Prima flowers

I brushed a bit of Broken China Oxide Ink over the glittery title.

This was fun!  I have no idea where the metal flower came from.  I backed it with a translucent, plastic "paper."  Using Ranger's Glossy Accents laid down glue where I wanted to accent the flowers then poured in Martha Stewart's microbeads.  Dried and shook off access.  Some of the beads landed on the paper.   Accidental accents!

The scalloped border is from Bo Bunny's Safari.  It had a spotted leopard design.  I sanded it down a bit and added Mustard Seed Distress Ink.  Turned out cool.


Not December
Some days there was nothing.  Because we have some traditions that begin before December I save those photos and stories for these days.  Santa does a pre-visit to the kids and their friends every year to read a Christmas book, pass out a small present (always books), and make cookies.  There is always a fun story to tell each year.

Noteables
Bo Bunny Christmas Carousal paper collection
Prima Flowers and rhinestones
Washi tape
Tim Holtz stencils, Distress Inks, and Oxide Ink, chit chat words, Calendar Stamps, Alterations Honeycomb die cut

 
I love throwing in a bit of mixed media to add a bit a shabby style.  I used several stencils with inks and paint.  I added water to distress oxides I had tapped onto my craft mat and created the splatters.  It was simple and quick.

My December Daily Mascot!  An old element from K&Co I believe.

Years ago I won Tim Holtz's Calendar Stamps and they have been a set that I've used year after year.

Everyday Techniques
  • Sanding and inking old elements.
  • Adding little stenciling spots.
  • Splatter!  Use your inks for creating splatters. 
  • New products with old.
I have a few more pages to share then I have a ton of ideas dying to escape from my head to my hands.  

Inspired To Created/Encouraged To Try

 

Comments

  1. Love the pages especially the "Star of David" ~ Beautiful work :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pages - love the shabby chic look - and that santa looks like he's the real deal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! That metallic flower that you filled with beads and turned into a shaker of so creative and gorgeous! The glittery embellishments and all the layered texture makes these layouts shine!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, ask a question, or just bring the chocolate for your next visit to Ds Paper Studio!