College Bound ... 5 Photo Scrapbook Page

My oldest granddaughter headed off to college this year.  I can't believe the time has shot by and she is now a beautiful, talented, loving young woman.  I know her mom and dad (my son) miss her greatly. 

The larger photos are of my granddaughter on move in day at college.  Can you believe I used more than one or two photos?

College Bound

Let's Break It Down
Graphic 45 An ABC Primer and A Place in Time paper collection
Tim Holtz Distress Ink Vintage Photo, Philosophy Tag
Jenni Bowlin Studios tiny alpha (numbers)
Fiskars / Jenni Bowlin Scalloped Banner squeeze punch
American Crafts Thickers

My favorite part of the design is all the banners at the bottom of the page.  Layering the two different style banners worked.  Instead of putting the banner at the top of the page I love it at the bottom.  I was inspired by a banner shape challenge by Fiskateers. 

I love back-to-school stories and Suzi's is no exception.  Here is her story of her granddaughter.
Our 3-year-old granddaughter started dual-immersion preschool this year. She is very strong-minded so we were concerned when, after the first week, "la maestra" would be speaking only Spanish! And homework the first week! Sequoia wadded up the papers and said, "I'm not doing homework!" After that battle, she looked at the sun and banana she was to color yellow and said, "No! Amarillo means keep it all purple!" Oh, dear! 

Thanks for sharing Suzi.

Well, it's the weekend and I'm excited about scrapbooking new photos and a few vintage photos as well.  I hope you ....

Have a Crafty Weekend


Comments

  1. gorgepus Debby!!! Love the banner and how you used the JBS letters!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah college move day..it's always so hard. Love the banner strips on the page and the fall feel to this page.

    ReplyDelete
  3. omgosh...love that banner..gorgeous work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Spectacular banner!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, ask a question, or just bring the chocolate for your next visit to Ds Paper Studio!