Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Halloween and Pumpkins, You Gott'a Love it!

I've never really been big on carving pumpkins, but I always love seeing everyone's creativity.  Last year I picked up my X-ACTO knife and carved a pumpkin for their contest.  I was a runner-up and I was hooked.

This year I have carved two pumpkins.  Here is my first one I carved for a Fiskateer (Fiskars) challenge...using leaves. 

Let's Break It Down
Pumpkin, medium
X-ACTO retractable knife
Fiskars USX template Leaves

Bo Bunny Autumn Song paper collection
Creative Imaginations Super Seal

Paper Studio (Hobby Lobby) burlap ribbon
 Tealight

I saw a pumpkin on Pinterest using the leaves for eyes so I could not help but to use the leaves for eyes, acorn for the mouth, and continue the leaves at the top of the pumpkin.  This makes a fun center piece. 

I coated the leaves with Super Seal which is like a liquid laminate so if I put it outside the dew will not damage the leaves.

This was totally fun. Friday will be pumpkin number 2.

Have a Crafty Day!


12 comments:

artfulscrapbooking said...

Your pumpkin is gorgeous and fun!!! Love it! :) Evie

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

Love this, Debby! The prettiest carving job I've seen. :)

Lisa Echerd said...

This is fantastic! YOu did a great job. Love the leaves on top.

Connie Mercer said...

looks awesome~hope you win:)

BethW said...

I pinned it-it really is fantastic. I am in awe of your skills with the Xacto!

Manda Moore said...

That is amazing! Love the pretty decorations.

Margie H said...

Goodness! LOVE what you created!! Don't blame you for using the idea because it's new to me :) Can't wait until Friday to see the other one.

Catherine said...

Love it! The petterned paper leaves really dress it up too.

Fleursbydesign said...

Awesome love the leaves :)

Jean said...

How cool!!!!

Emily Adams said...

Fun!!

Linda Beeson said...

I love it, I have never tried something fun like that.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...