It's Christmas Eve

My "Rear in Gear" lists are done. We are about to head for Christmas Eve service at our church with most of the family. It's hard when everyone starts growing up and having families of their own. This season has been filled with the glory of God all around me. God has shown me His love over and over again. Since I'm no longer working I did not think we would have any money for Christmas gifts. God provided on every turn and we were able to get the children and grandchildren gifts.

I've been trying to do something scrappy all day, but I did not have the time. I realized that I did not have an ornament with my DIL's name on it. So I had an excuse to scrap a Christmas ornament. My first. I used gold stickles, Jolee Wreath, Brenda Walton rhinestones. The pattern for the swirls are with Basic Grey rub ons! What do you think? Okay? When it dries I'll put a ribbon on it to hang from the tree.

Challenge Question #23: Do you bake Christmas cookies

I don't, but my husband makes a mean sugar cookie for Santa. This year we'll be making them in the shape of a Christmas Train! But sugar cookies are the only cookie Santa really likes. Ms. Santa loves the milk!


Challenge Question# 24: Do you leave cookies and milk for Santa?

Sure we do. We also leave him a nice thank you note. You're never too old to say "thank you."


Challenge Question #25: What's your favorite Christmas memory?

As a child living in Germany we only had our immediate family so no big family Christmas. But my Dad always made it so special for us and we had some good friends in Mr. and Mrs. Engel. They brought us German chocolate candy for everyday for 12 Christmas's. They hung them in a little glass on the outside of our apartment door. We will squeal with delight when we opened the door and there it was! I also remember mom and dad would have us put our nicest shoes outside the door. If we had been good we received candy. If you were bad you received switches. I never got switches. My brother always did. LOL That was the year also that I got my Chatty Cathy doll. She will always be the best part of my memories of childhood. I still wish I had one just like her. She was a blonde, Canadian, pigtail little girl. I really loved her. Oh, I still remember her black shoes and red velvet and white lace dress! What a memory.


Gratitude List

What more to be grateful for than the birth of my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ!

Comments

  1. I hope you had a VERY Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, ask a question, or just bring the chocolate for your next visit to Ds Paper Studio!