The Natual Order

I am married to a "farm boy." He grew up on a working farm where you do not name the cows or the pigs. They would be dinner for someone. I, personally, can not see an animal and not want to give it a name. The natural order of life is something he accepts. But I have a tender heart and it is hard.

I just went outside to walk my Bailey and when we got to the edge of a grove of trees he went nuts. Barking and pulling on his leash. He started hopping around in the bush. I noticed something jumping around. I pulled Bailey back to take a look. And lo and behold there was a bird. A hurt bird. Automatically, I started hollering for my husband.

He comes out, takes a look and informs me it is a grown bird and that more than likely he was hurt by a hawk that was flying overhead. Now, I wanted to protect the bird and take it to the wildlife federation. But Jim let me know, "Deb, this is the real circle of life." He asked me to leave the bird...Toby...alone. Tears were rolling down my face.
I sat there and talked to Toby for awhile (no I'm not crazy although my husband would beg to differ). I did take some photos to remember Toby. I tried to sort of camouflage him with some leaves. I waited until the Hawk went away. I can only hope that Toby was just in shock and will recovery and be fine. Sometimes the natural order of lie is not fun. But I'm glad God had me meet Toby!
Nothing scrappy right now. Just reflection of God's love, concern, and protection. God takes care of the roses, the birds, the grass, my potatoes in the ground, God's grace and mercy are evident in all life around us. If God cares so much for all that, He love and care for us must be overwhelming.

I've been reading this one passage all week: (Love) "It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres." To me this is to be our response to God's overwhelming Love for Us. It's not easy for me, but it is my hope.

Sermon done.

Gratitude List:
1. meeting Toby
2. God's love
3. Bob...who is willing to push me to the limits
4. Fiskateers, Peas, and Faith Sisters who pray and care
5. Opportunities

Comments

  1. Very Sweet- You are very much the gentle soul that Tobey needed !
    Hugs, Norma

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that quote about Love, moves me every time, no matter how many times I read it or hear it. It is just truth. Beautiful message today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:39 PM

    It looks like a baby robin, I can't stand seeing a hurt bird either, I know how you feel, but our dogs would get it before we have a chance to see one.. Mariah # 2457

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, ask a question, or just bring the chocolate for your next visit to Ds Paper Studio!