Heaven

If this is a taste of Heaven everyone needs to go there. OH, MY Goodness! Did I have the best time on earth in Hershey, PA. Fiskars, Fiskateers, Scrapbooking, Cropping, Love, and Chocolate. Anything any better? LOL There is no way I can tell you my whole adventure in one blog post so I will try to break it down everyday from now until Sunday.

Okay, let's start in the middle. See my new Banner? Can you believe it? I'm in a state of total absolute SHOCK! I went to the Fiska-Friendzy to meet Fiskateers, eat chocolate and help Wendy Jo with the event. I did not have a hint or even a hope of something like this. It's not something I was even thinking about. Here is a photo that is the cornerstone of my reaction.

Carrie (with Brains on Fire) and Wendy Jo, Lead Fiskateer, got up to give out an honor to someone. (Still clueless at this point). I grabbed my camera and got down on my knees to take as many photos as possible. Carrie was describing why this person was receiving this honor. I'm clicking away clueless. In walks Reeses Pieces with a large pair of Fiskars Scissors. I'm clicking away clueless. Carrie opens up a Hershey Chocolate Bar box that says "Fiskateers of the Year 2008." I'm clicking away not even realizing what I was taking pictures of..still clueless. Wendy Jo opens a Hershey Chocolate Bar box with the name "Debby Lewis." I still taking pictures, clueless. It got very quiet for just a few seconds. I looked up to see what was happening. Then it hits me like a ton of squeeze punches "that's my name." OMG. I was shocked and in the shock of it all I screamed! I never heard so much laughter in my life.


I was and am totally overwhelmed by the whole experience and honor that Fiskars has given me. This is what generosity I received from Fiskars as a results of this honor. A huge pair of Fiskars Scissors (that really work...I tested it) with a name plate. A beautiful canvas bag that has "Debby #2852" on one side and "Fiskateer of the Year 2008" on the other side. I have my own personalized stamp that says "Made by Debby Fiskateer of the Year 2008." They gave me the chocolate bars they used for the presentation. Fiskars is allowing me $200.00 in product of my choosing to do what I want with....my brain is starting to turn on this one.

I hope I can finally pull my thoughts together on the whole idea of being Fiskateer of the Year 2008 for Fiskars Brand, Inc. I do want to say thank you to Chad Vincent, President of the Craft Division, Jay Gillespie, VP of Marketing, Suzanne Walker, Director of Communications, Brains On Fire with Carrie Woodward, all the Fiskateer Leads and Legends...Wendy Jo, Cheryl, Rebecca, Kelly Jo, Angela, Stephanie, May and Holly along with every FISKATEER! Thank you is so inadequate a word, but until I figure out something better.... FISKA-THANK YOU.

Got Hugs?



The 100 Comment RAK just jumped up a notch. Go to Less Than 24 Hours and read about the RAK. Everyone that commented there is still in on the RAK, but I want to move the 100 comments and sending friends to the next 6 days of posting about Hershey. So I will add all the posts together and choose the person who sends the most friends this way and I will randomly choose another commenter.
PRIZE? A Hershey funny goody and some Fiskars goodies. For the person with the most friends posting comments a Fiskars Fingertip Swivel Craft Knife AND wonderful Kimberley Poloson Card Kit with envelopes, Mat Stack and Brads. They are too cool. The random winner will get a Hershey funny goody and the Kimberley Poloson Card Kit. The RAK will close at Sunday midnight and I'll announce the winner on Monday. Only one comment per post, but you can post a comment on each day. If you were at the Hershey Fiska-Friendzy you have these items already. So I'm adding, if you are a Hershey Fiska-Friend, a Fiskars Ink Pad. I hope that covers it all. LOL


This is already too too long. I love you guys. Thanks for visiting my blog and being a part of my crafty crafty life.

Gratitude List
1. Fiskars Brand, Inc
2. Fiskateers Community
3. Wendy Jo and Pammie Jo
4. My family and all their support and love
5. God's overwhelming love, goodness, and His gracious encouragement when it is least expected.


PS Do you want to become a FISKATEER? Email me at DeborahL591@yahoo.com and I'll tell you how to become a part of the greatest crafting community on the internet.

Comments

  1. YAY! They couldn't have picked a better person! I could just picture your reaction, you made me cry! I'm so happy for you, CONGRATULATIONS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOOT!!!! Congrats!! What an honor!! I love that it was such a surprise - even after you had photographed your own name. lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats, Debbie!!!! What an awesome honor - I'm so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous11:05 AM

    Debby,

    I am so happy for you!! Congrats on a well earned award! I started crying when I read your reaction! Many many blessings to you my friend!
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous11:07 AM

    Awww HUGE CONGRATS again Deb!! Love the banner!!
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous11:07 AM

    Awww HUGE CONGRATS Deb!!!
    Love the banner too!!
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOve the pictures and sharing of the story. . . very cool. Congrats you deserve this honor!

    ReplyDelete
  8. CONGRATS...Debbie,,What a wonderful honor...

    ReplyDelete
  9. huge congrats deborah!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so happy for you that I'm practically crying with joy! You are one of the most caring people I know! I think you'll picked as one of the new leads next time for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous4:37 PM

    Again, congrats...sounds like it was a total surprise and honor!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on the honor. I love your new banner

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats! Glad to know you via the great group of Fiskateers!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats Debby. You so deserve this honor. However I am a little jealous. You got to meet Reese's peanut butter cup. How fun is that.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Huge congrats to a wonderful and talented lady! Yeah!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations!!! you so deserve the honour how awesome for you.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Debby, that you were hunkered down taking pictures and clueless about what was happening is just priceless! What a great mental image -- not as good as being there to see it, but it will have to do. Sincerely, congratulations. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Helping you get to to 100

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congrats!! What an awesome honor!! Great pics too!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, ask a question, or just bring the chocolate for your next visit to Ds Paper Studio!