Debby's Picks in the Arts

{Question 13}
{RAK for Stamp and Punch}


I've been every where on the net this week. I spent too much time on Facebook. I'm trying very hard not to get addicted. You can become a fan of Fiskars, Scrapbook etc, Two Peas in a Bucket, Marks Paper, Creating Keepsake etc. etc. etc. There are some things happening there that you won't get on the blogs. Facebook is certainly a most interesting place.

Pick One: Mark Montano's site. It is not a blog, but rather a website of his creative journey. Mark is one of Fiskars friends. He has been a guest of Fiskars at CHA and on Fiskars TV (and many many more...see the site.) His book The Big-(bloop) Ass Book of Crafts is over the top great.

Every time I pick up the book I find something new. Last night I discovered this very cute "Living Doll" with flowers for her...nay, you have to look. Vintage crafts, crafts on a dime, domino art, home decor to this really cool pencil project I made with a group of children. And you have to see what he did with Cable Ties. LOL

I recommend you check it out over at Amazon. The Big-Ass Books of Crafts is on sale for $13.57 and it qualifies for free two day shipping (limited time.) So a different kind of pick this week. (psst, secret...he just finished another book I believe will be just as amazing as this one!)

Pick Two: Have you visited Claudine Hellmuth's blog? Oh my goodness! She mixes up her personal journey, her art with tutorials and much more. Claudine is known for her Collage Art, her Ranger release of the Studio line and her awesome Poppets.

I love her Sticky Back Canvas I was able to get at AC Moores. Claudine is certainly an outstanding artist. She also has an Etsy shop full of wonderful art. I think I stalked her at CHA Winter 2008! I loved doing her make-n-takes and I was fortunate to receive two autographed books she has written. "Collage Discovery Workshop: Beyond the Unexpected" and "Collage Discovery Workshop."

Pick Three: Suze Weinberg's blog. Right now she is at Ranger University and the art projects and instructions are not to be missed. Run and check out Suze. I love her wax art and use of Utee. Suze has been on Fiskars TV. Suze is world renowned for her art. She has many tutorials on YouTube. You've got to see it!

So those are my picks and I'm sticking to it.

For the Fiskars Friday on Thursday RAK, click here to get the details. BTW: I did find and purchase the new Fiskars x-large scalloped punch to go with those stamps.

Any takers on coming over and cleaning my studio? I've been on the run so much I come in, unload everything on the floor, pick up the next load and run again. LOL I love what I do and would not take anything for it.

Here is a new class I'm teaching at the Stamping Place, April 18. What is fun about the paper is that it is from Lil' Davis baby line and Lil' Davis Halloween line and a bit of Cloud9. And this is no baby/Halloween layout! I love doing flowers with my Fiskars punches and stamps. These flowers are done in different ways. Look! You will see some Wendy Vecchi stamps in there too! What fun. If you are interested contact The Stamping Place at 803-791-1440. (BTW: I pulled this from the internet because I did not take a photo, the paper is much brigther.)



(copyright by Debby Lewis and Creative Dreams Studio, do not reproduce without permission)

Gratitude List:
1. fun with friends today that made me light hearted
2. funny friends who love true confessions
3. friends are are willing to shop to find the bargains
4. Jesus defining the true meaning of friendship
5. God's love toward me and never letting go.

Comments

  1. Those flowers are over the top awesome!!! Off to check out those other sites

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3:55 AM

    This layout is just adorable, Debby!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful layout. Love those flowers.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, ask a question, or just bring the chocolate for your next visit to Ds Paper Studio!