Day 7 of the Butterfly Project

I want to show you a little butterfly project that you and your children can do. It's fun and so so easy. It's funny because you will need coffee filters which is what Groovy Deborah is using on her blog today to make embellishments. Great minds. LOL

It was 5 in the morning, but you will get the idea on how to do the butterflies. LOL



I've been touched deeply by the children of Terezin. Terezin was not the only place during the Holocaust where children suffered and died, but Terezin was one of the camps that captured my heart. 1,500,000 children died during the Holocaust. Let remember them with our butterflies.

Our last poem:

I NEVER SAW ANOTHER BUTTERFLY

The last, the very last,

So richly, brightly, dazzlingly yellow.

Perhaps if the sun’s tears would sing against a white stone....


Such, such a yellow

Is carried lightly ’way up high.

It went away I’m sure because it wished to kiss the world good-bye.


For seven weeks I’ve lived in here,

Penned up inside this ghetto.

But I have found what I love here.

The dandelions call to me

And the white chestnut branches in the court.

Only I never saw another butterfly.

That butterfly was the last one.

Butterflies don’t live in here, in the ghetto.

---Pavel Friedman, June 4, 1942
Born in Prague on January 7, 1921. Deported to the Terezin Concentration Camp on April 26, 1942. Died in Aushchwitz on September 29, 1944.

Gratitude List

1. a promise

2. a love

3. a breath

4. God Spirit

5. God who cares and loves enough to love and comfort me

Comments

  1. These butterflies are beautiful - all 7 days worth. And the poems are so special and heart-wrenching. Thank you for sharing.

    Carol - Fiskateer 6158

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for sharing the story of Terezin and the victim's poetry. Your butterflies are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:47 PM

    Love those inked butterflies...they look lovely!

    inkmemory tanya

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, ask a question, or just bring the chocolate for your next visit to Ds Paper Studio!