All About you in 52, Week 38

Weddings are on the brain. I can't help it. My son is getting married in less than 3 weeks, my daughter is getting married in April. My mind is swimming with details and memories of my own wedding more than 30 years ago.

We are focusing on our own wedding for the next few weeks. If you are not married, pick an event such as the Prom or another formal/special occasion and answer the questions towards that event. Don't drop the ball here because you are not married. No excuses! LOL

One of the fun things we have been doing is searching for the perfect wedding dress. The whole style of the wedding revolves around that perfect wedding dress. My daughter looked and looked until the perfect dress spoke to her! I can't show a picture for the obvious reason. I went with her at times, Rosemary went with her at times and her friends went with her. It created some fun memories.
Our Vanessa took her sisters, niece and mom and found her perfect dress after trying on bunches the perfect one popped up and that was it. Although tiring at times it does make for great memories.

Our question this week revolves around "the dress."

Question
"What is one story you have about your wedding dress?"
My Answer

Journaling
"I pick a beautiful Saturday to go spend the day with my fiancee. We worked around his parents home and help dredge the pond. Mother went shopping with my Aunt Pat. When they came back from Pensacola they brought back my wedding dress. I had never seen it. It was on sale so not taking it back. I missed that girlish dream of searching for my dress with my bridesmaids. One good thing: My mom has good taste!"

Ingredients
Paper: Bazzill Swiss Dot, World Win Rauche
Pearls: Prima, Kaiser Craft
Journaling: Making Memories
Top Embellishment: Prima flowers; Maya Road metal flower; Grungeboard (heart), Maya Road Vintage Trinkets pin
Title: American Crafts Remarks stickers
Inks: Stazon, jet black
Glimmer Mist, Candy Apple Red
Pen: EK Sucess Millennium
Tools: Fiskars Rotary Trimmer; Tim Holtz Centering Ruler
Lace: Cheryl Waters, Lead Fiskateer

Wowizer at the layouts completed this past week. Vicki MD you did some major catching up. Unreal. Congratulations Vicki for winning the draw for All About You in 52 RAK. Email your snail mail to me. Awesome. I've moved into two scrapbooks now. I think I might need and third.

If you are new to Debby's Dare every Monday I post a journaling prompt that focuses on YOU. If you do not scrapbook YOU, then who will? No one knows you as well as you! Start today. Don't worry about catching up. Just start today. Post your layout somewhere online, leave a comment on this post with a link. I draw a random winner of a RAK every Monday. I will be posting all the questions together so everyone can see the questions in one space.

My plan this week is to post several demo's using products from Debby's Dream Studio. When I demo that product I will put it on sale for the day.

We have a special guest designer that we will be introducing shortly with some ... hmmmm Jenni Bowlin papers, Maya Road goodness and Core'dinations. Yikes...it will sell fast so be watching closely.

I'm looking into some foundations for boys and adding more bling.

If you would like to be a guest designer, email me at Debby@Debbysdreamstudio.com. I'll send you the information on how to apply to be a guest. Debby's Dream Studio does provide your product.

Cool Links
Check out these two links. They are awesome ideas and I've already used the one from Heidi Swapp!



Gratitude List
1. laughter and smiles
2. morning friends
3. coffee
4. those in my life that give to me so undeserving
5. God's gift to me

Comments

  1. oooooooooo beautiful lo!!! and wow! 2 weddings that close. *faint*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog is a great find. Love your prompts. My sister and I married 6 months apart too. And congrats on your publications!!!!


    xoxo,
    JA
    2peas

    julieannshahin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your LO and what an incredible story. Something fun for the kids and grandchildren to know and remember.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh now I am wondering if there is a picture around of my first wedding dress. .. going to look hmmmmm

    Congrats to Vicki you did a wonderful job of catching up this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your wedding dress layout. It's beautiful...and so are you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay mine is done for the week. . . LOL I looked and found one not the best but we only had my MIL very small camera there when we eloped. Oh and the over priced you have to have it video I think we need to transfer that to DVD one of these days.

    http://www.fiskateers.com/community/photo/48521/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, ask a question, or just bring the chocolate for your next visit to Ds Paper Studio!