It's Not Over Until....
Me about 13 years ago. Seems like yesterday.
- Black and white television
- The Beatles
- girls did not wear pants, much less jeans
- men were gentlemen and ladies were ladies
- no computers, cell phones, satellite tv or cable
- no SUVs
- we did have running water....LOL
- only 4 hours a week of cartoons came on television
- if you wanted to change one of the three channels you got up and switch the channels with a dial
- Peace, Cool, Righteous, Yea Man
- A new language with Smokey and the Bear
- The Tammy movies
- Elvis will always rule
- Space flight
- Vietnam was the first war we remember, other than the constant fear of the cold war
- bomb shelters, videos on the possibility of a nuclear attack
- pay phones
- if someone went on a trip you heard from them via postcard
- family was more central
- God was the center of our family and our lives
- Polyester (good grief I still freak out)
- Alaska and Hawaii became states the year I was born.
- and Eisenhower was president................
The winner of the 3rd Gift-away is #3 per Random.org! Send me your snail mail with "GRUNGY FRAGMENTS" in the subject line. Congratulations ...
This is fun! I already get your newsletter, I'm a follower but can't tell if I just became one or if I was already was one lol.
Gift-Away #4..I'm loving my Tim Holtz Party Theme tonight! Do you think he knows he's a theme of a Birthday Party? Too funny. We are going to kick this party into full swing. Leave a comment about "who was president when you were born" and I'll draw a winner sometime in the next several hours or when I wake up in the night, which ever comes first. LOL I will say this we have not hit the grand finale. So this may run into tomorrow morning! Very cool. Remember to bring a few friends with you to the party. Parties are always more fun with friends.
Plain Grungeboard...great for die cutting and more!
A wonderful day!