You're In The Right Place...We're Blog Hoppin'

A Faith Perspective
Thankful for Friends Faith Blog Hop.
Today, we're out in force on the internet -- showing our faith and giving the glory to God. United, we stand as Christian paper crafters and blog owners to make a presence on the internet for all to see. We're celebrating the theme of friends and we're happy to share our projects with you based on the verse:

"Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their work: If one falls down,
his friend can help him up. " Eccl 4:9-10a

If you're just joining in on the fun, you can find the start of the Blog Hop train here:  Scrapbook News and Review: A Faith Perspective

First, I would like to take a moment to thank the generous co-sponsors:
Layers of Color Stamps,
Gina K Designs Stamps,
Sweet ‘n Sassy Stamps,
with Scrapbook News and Review Magazine, these companies have donated some wonderful prizes for today’s blog hop.

There will be three lucky grand prize winners for today’s event.
~~One $100 gift certificate from Layers of Color Stamps AND a 6 month subscription to Scrapbook News and Review Magazine.
~~One basket of goodies -- four stamp sets from Gina K Designs and a 6 month subscription to Scrapbook News and Review Magazine.
~~One set of digital stamps from Sweet ‘n Sassy Stamps and a 3 month subscription to Scrapbook News and Review Magazine.

IMPORTANT...
To enter, simply hop to the blogs of all of the participating staff members of Scrapbook News and Review Magazine, take note of the staff member’s name, and leave a comment on their posts. Then send us an email at games@scrapbooknewsandreview.com listing each of the staff members who participated in today’s hop. It’s that easy. All entries must be received by Monday, November 16, 2009 at 12 noon, EST and three winners will be randomly chosen to win.

In addition, every participating staff member of Scrapbook News and Review Magazine will offer a free one-month subscription to the magazine to one of their lucky visitors by simply leaving a comment on their blog. That's a lot of chances to win, so let’s get to the Hop!

Debby's Response to Ecclesiastes 4:9-12:

I could not wait to get into the Word and study our topic text. I prayed and asked God to bring to my heart the core of the message. Personally, it is a message that I've heard a lot lately. 

My friends throughout my life and my walk with God have been vital to my literal survival in life. When I’ve fallen and there would be a friend ready to pray, to sit with me, to drag me out of the house, to not judge or condemn, sometimes just to listen to me complain or cry. I am thankful for all those friends. May I bee the friend they have been to me. 

My project represents just a few of the people, friends that have walked with me throughout my life. My prayer is that this art piece was done for the Glory of God and is indeed for His Glorification. Thanks!

12 x 24 Canvas entitled "if either of us fall..."

(click for a larger view)




Note:  The metal box with the bottle caps is connected to the canvas by a magnet.  If I want to change the look of the canvas I can slip it off and create something new!

Leave Me a "Blog Hop" comment and I’ll draw a winner of a 15.00 gift certificate to Debby’s Dream Studio on Monday. (Note of interest…that includes shipping.)

ALLLL ABOARD:  next stop on this Blog Hop Train is Nina Brackett of  GinaK Designs and her blog "Crafting in Croatia!"  Exciting stuff.  Have fun everyone!  I'm hopping right behind you.

Gratitude List:
1. an opportunity to share my faith
2. the whole book of Ecclesiastes and God’s Words of wisdom
3. my friends, Linda, Avis, Sudie, Shannon, Ruth, Bob, Rohanna, Joan, Angie, Kim, Teresa, Audrey and so many more
4. a journey to wisdom
5. God’s provision of my friends in my life

Comments

  1. I love your statement about dare to be yourself. That is wondeful and really perfect. Iam glad about this hop. I am seeing so many women with such faith. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is soooooo awesome, wow....you did an awesome job...have a blessed weekend!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  3. You do beautiful work Debby!!!
    Thank you for sharing with us, I enjoyed reading your post!
    Blessings, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Debbie. I enjoyed seeing your layout. It is beautiful - and I love the changeable part! Very clever! God Bless you on this journey! Back to the blog train.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Debby I have never been here before but I feel right at home! Your canvas project is absolutely stunning and so well done! I love that you can change it with the flip of a bottle top! Thank you for using your God given talents to honor Him! I'm so glad to be a part of this wonderful hop!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for an inspiring page and blog.

    blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your project is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! That's quite the slideshow! Nice presentation of your beautiful project!

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, awesome project and cool slideshow!!! God Bless!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW that canvas is spectacular!! Just beautiful :-D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Debbie - I am loving your blog and love your header!! Your canvas is gorgeous and a great interpretation for this Blog Hop! Thank you for using your God given gift to honor Him! I'm so happy to be a part of this amazing Blog Hop with you! God bless you!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great lo! love the vintage feel of it!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What wonderful piece of art you've created on the canvas. It's so cool how the Lord puts the pieces in place!! Had fun checking out your blog. Very cool!! God's blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Got here quite by accident, but I'm glad I came. God is good.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great blog and I love your gratitude list

    ReplyDelete
  16. beautiful canvas! TFS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You've created a gorgeous piece of canvas art--love your DARE focus! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Anonymous10:00 AM

    WOW!! Debby, what a really gorgeous project!! Love your canvas and all those beautiful photos!! So unique and fun!! Nice to be hopping along this blog hop wiht you!! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Debby! I'm glad I found your blog--you have such gorgeous creations and this hop project is no exception--just beautiful and vintagey! LOVE IT! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great layout!! Love it

    ReplyDelete
  21. hi debby love your canvas saying from the salt blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. That is awesome. thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  23. Stunning! I just love this project and the entire look of it! What a wonderful tribute to your friends and the importance of Godly friendships. I love all the elements you mixed in, and the phots just tell the whole story. Fantastic!
    TFS & God Bless.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Debby, each and every detail is beautiful on your canvas! Thank you for being a part of the blog hop

    ReplyDelete
  25. you have absoluletly uplifted me today. your canvas turned out just beautiful.
    this is my first visit to my blog - i'm so thankful to have discovered it!

    ReplyDelete
  26. p.s. i forgot to say that i loved that little "muffin tin" element in the corner with all the "2's" --- so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love your canvas. Thanks for showing us the details. Your faith is quite evident. Thanks for participating in the blog hop.

    ReplyDelete
  28. This is an awesome canvas!! Love it! Thanks for playing along, this weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love this!!!!!!!!!! Have a blessed day my dear!!
    -t

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love everything you did here your video and what you wrote Dare to be your self I try that everyday TFS .God bless Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  31. Debby your canvas is absolutely stunning!

    hugs
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  32. Such a terrific layout! :)

    ReplyDelete
  33. That is a very cool alterred canvas project. Love your slideshow too! I'm inspired by your heart for God. Keep on sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  34. Wow! This is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Lovely art piece. It nice to have friends to serve the Lord with.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Amazing project Debby! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Awesome slideshow!Love the changeable part!As usual you did a gr8 job!
    Viji5858

    ReplyDelete
  38. Wonderful Debby.. .

    ReplyDelete
  39. Anonymous12:56 PM

    I always love reading your gratitude lists. They remind me just how much there is to be thankful for.

    ReplyDelete
  40. I love the part about dare to be yourself! which is so true. We tend to lose ourselves by conforming what other expect us to be instead of being who we are. Your layouts are so beautiful. Thank for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  41. Love your testimony as to how God brings people into our lives! Great project too! This is an honor to showcase friendship with my Christian Sisters on the web. Hugs, Gini

    ReplyDelete
  42. Sharon2:27 PM

    Enjoyed visiting your blog Debbie, your canvas is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  43. Debbie, your canvas art is gorgeous! It's so warm and full of love!

    What a joy to meet you through this special blog!

    ReplyDelete
  44. just beautiful! I love the magnet idea for a change. Thank you for such beautiful inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  45. Hi Debby!
    I'm happy to see you here in the blog hop! Your canvas art piece is amazing!! Your description of it is even more amazing! Great job! I'd love to win your prize!!
    Take care,
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  46. OH MY how goegeous is that canvas. I love it. it has put a seed intomy hdead to do a canvas of all my friends of faith. TFS. Hasn't this weekend been great.

    Blessings

    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  47. beautiful work!!!! I love your blog banner too! Keep shining for JESUS!

    ReplyDelete
  48. Beautiful friendship creation. I thoroughly enjoyed visiting your blog and reading about your love of Him. Hugs and blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  49. I love your Friendship Canvas! You did a fabulous job! I really enjoyed visiting your blog. You have done such a good job of using it to glorify our Lord. You've inspired me to do more of the same with my blog.
    I see that you have been published in Somerset Memories. Love that magazine and the talented artists who are published there. Congrats on that!

    ReplyDelete
  50. Beautiful canvas. Thank you for sharing. I enjoyed your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  51. Fabulous!! Love the post and love the friendship canvas you made!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  52. Wow! What a beautiful canvas.

    ReplyDelete
  53. I love your canvas piece, it has an awesome vintage look.

    ReplyDelete
  54. Love the friendship layout.

    ReplyDelete
  55. Wonderfully done :D

    ReplyDelete
  56. This blog hop is fun - I am seeing a lot of great sites I've never seen before! Your canvas layout is wonderful - I love how you have integrated the verse into the design! I also like the idea of changeable art - the magnets are a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  57. What a neat project.

    ReplyDelete
  58. I love, love, love your canvas and am so inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  59. That canvas is soooo way cool! Great idea to add the magnent. You are too smart. Love the blog and this is a great hop! See you around!

    ReplyDelete
  60. Wow Debby, I love your comment about you friends. Your support group is awesome. How bless are you. I can feel the love of God and your friends thur your words. God bless you. Love your layout too.

    ReplyDelete
  61. OMGoodness I just love what you've created... such a beautiful masterpiece... I just may need to give this a try!!!

    Blessings,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  62. Your words are just as beautiful as your creations. I just adore your altered Friendship board.

    ReplyDelete
  63. What a stunning display of our blog hop verse. I love all the detail and the "story" of friendships this obvious tells. Love the style, the layout, and the precious meaning behind your artwork. How precious! I peeked around your blog for awhile...I'll be back!! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  64. Debby,

    As usual, your blog gives an important message and shows the talent you have and are using!

    ReplyDelete
  65. Terrific layout.

    And what a wonderful blog hop that we can share our love for HIM through our art.

    Thank you for the chance at some candy.

    I'm also participating in the hop and have some Blogoversary candy.

    {hugs}
    M.E.

    ReplyDelete
  66. Debby,

    Wow, there's so much to this. The way the photos "scroll" across your canvas, the vintage feel of the work, the metal box...I'm still figuring that one out. :) Nice work.

    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  67. WOW! What a gorgeous project, Debby! I'm so glad I hopped by here!! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  68. nice blog!
    so nice, TFS
    Carol<><

    ReplyDelete
  69. I love your canvas! What a wonderful tribute to your friends!

    ReplyDelete
  70. That friendship canvas is awesome Debby, great workmanship..mariah#2457

    ReplyDelete
  71. This is so awesome to find a faith based scrapping site/blogs! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  72. Thanks for hopping!
    be blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  73. Fun layout :)!

    Inky Hugs,
    catherine
    catlevy@eastlink.ca

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, ask a question, or just bring the chocolate for your next visit to Ds Paper Studio!