A big issue in our family was/is what was Dad’s middle name. The courthouse where his birth certificate was housed burned down when he was young. My Grandma went to reapply for his birth certificate. The story goes that dad did not like his middle name so Grandma put down Otis C. Perkins. Everyone called him Chuck. Why? It became a game over the years about his middle name.
When dad had to go sign some papers at the courthouse I rode with him. I promised everyone when dad signed his legal name it was Otis Clarence Perkins. No one every believed me. When I see dad handwriting, strangely enough I remember that story.
This week’s Homemade Family is a hard challenge.
Make your recipe one with a family member’s handwriting. If you don’t have one YOU handwrite a recipe so your family can have that same spark to remember fun stories.
Paper: Prima Cardstock; Making Memories “Just Chillin”
Letters, metal “family”: Making Memories
Vintage pictures: Websters Pages
Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink Scattered Straw
Tools: Fiskars Rotary Trimmer, Tim Holtz Ruler
All Prompts to Date
1. What Was Your First Recipe Book?
2. What’s for Dinner?
3. What is your family’s favorite Meal-in-a-Dish?
4. Homemade Families enjoy a Free Week of scrapping your favorite recipe and family memory.
5. What is one of your family’s oldest recipes and what’s the story behind it?
6. What is a wonderful recipe that you have picked up from your Mother-in-Law (or someone in your husband’s family)? If you are not married, pick a recipe from a special friend.
Please note that I have not sent out the RAK’s from CHA blog/chat. They will go out towards the end of the week. Thank you for your patience.
Thursday Create Scrapbooks will be having a their (our) show on Facebook at 9 pm EST about Stamping. I’m really excited about this topic. If you are not on Facebook come join us. You do not need to fill out your info for the public view and you can make you site private. Then you can enjoy all the scrappiness that happens on Facebook including Create Scrapbooks.
1. teens who do not mind my photo taking
2. God’s blessing with my children’s spouses
3. time, although it goes fast, is a gift from God
4. kind words, communication
5. God’s direction and patience waiting for me to get it right.