Thursday, March 18, 2010

Scipture Challenge, Home

I’m catching up on my Scripture Challenge from Patter Cross this week. One down, only two to go. A couple of weeks ago the word was Home. Patter did a great job sharing about the Home God is preparing for His children. When I went to study the on of the passages Patter referred to I was really caught up with Revelation 7:16-17.

They will hunger no longer, nor thirst anymore; nor will the sun beat down on them, nor any heat;
for the Lamb in the center of the throne will be their shepherd, and will guide them to springs of the water of life; and God will wipe every tear from their eyes.

The joy in my heart is overwhelming at the thought that there is a place and time when God will wipe away all my tears. I hope I get to keep my tears of joy, but my faith is that in taking away our tears He takes away our pain and suffering. That is the Home I desire beyond all things.

Here is my ATC for our word Home:

I loved using Making Memories Vintage Findings. The gold flowers and birds are beautiful. I snuck in a Wendy Vecchi stamp in the background. I also enjoyed Tim’s new distress reinker Victorian Valet to spritz on the background color.

Artful Legacy

Our design team projects are up at Artful Legacy. I did this really cool technique I picked up at Suze Weinburg’s site. Please check it out and the rest of the team’s Easter cards. They are very creative. And yes, I DID A CARD!

Arful Legacy is having a giveaway just for leaving comments....Please leave a comment on the Design Teams creations and your name will be put in a drawing for Sunday night March 21.

We have all been busy with wedding plans for Tabitha and David. April 24 is coming quicker than I could have imagined. I still have so much to make. Clothes play a big part of the whole craze. My husband was too easy with his tuxedo. No fair. Jim and I went shopping and we walked into the first store and they had everything I needed! My outfit even matches the color of Jim’s tuxedo. Too easy. I took Jacob over to pick out his tuxedo…which was much easier than I thought. Then he needed a jacket for the rehearsal party. For a t-shirt and blue jean guy I thought this would be the very hardest thing I had to do. Nope, once he tried on his sport’s jacket I picked out and a very cool shirt he was the happiest kid around. He wants to wear it to school today. The photos were done late last night, but I can tell you it’s day and night. LOL Too easy. We’ve had one blessing after the other through this whole wedding.



Gratitude List
1. a good morning
2. God’s blessings with finances
3. rest and wellness
4. friends that show their love
5. God’s Home He prepares for me

9 comments:

  1. Great scripture, so glad you shared it. Love your ATC. I love using those vintage findings too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your atc! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Scripture Challenge ATC is beautiful Debby! Thanks for sharing! Glad to hear all is coming together so beautifully for the wedding!...Nancy :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful scripture to pick and I love your little creation.

    ReplyDelete
  5. TracyM #67737:00 PM

    WOW - your ATC's are absolutely gorgeous Debby !!!

    Thankyou for pointing us in the direction of Artful Legacy - it is so lovely & is now in my favourites too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cool ATC Debby don't worry you will get caught up. I am glad for you that the clothes shopping is done that is always such a hard thing to get through.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great ATC's. I just started doing these and they are fast becoming my favorite thing to do.

    ReplyDelete
  8. very pretty!!! Blessings...

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to D's Paper Studio! I love hearing from you. If you ask a question be sure to check back. I make every effort to reply here on my blog.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...