I ran across this youtube video entitled “Cards You’ve Been Dealt” by The Skit Guys. It was sobering, thought provoking, and if one allows can alter your perceptive on the Card You’ve Been Dealt.
Take 4 minutes and watch the video and then read on for a Dare Ya! / Challenge I’m holding starting June 7th and running through the 13th.
- Pick Five cards you’ve been dealt in life.
- Create a layout that either expresses in art/scrapbooking that particular card or create one you can journal or display photos.
- The challenge is to create five pages/canvas/a mini-book or whatever your medium happens to be to express 5 Cards Dealt to you in Life.
Quickutz’s Letterpress Starter Kit. The kit includes Letterpress Tool*Clear Packing Mat with Grid-Paper Placement Guides*Ink Base-Ink Brayer*10 A2 Flat Cards-9 Printing Plates with Adhesive Sheets*1 Black Ink. It does not include the Sizzix Epic.
If you would like to sponsor one of the daily giveaways please contact me as soon as possible at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This is going to be hard. Anytime we reflect and then commit it to our art it is hard. But it is well worth the end results. Good Luck. I’ll start posting my “cards” Monday June 7th. In the meantime spread the word via Facebook, Twitter, message boards, emails, call a friend or a local scrapbook store to join in on the Dare Ya! If you let others know about this Dare Ya! leave a comment on this post and I’ll start the Dare Ya! off right by drawing a name from the comments for two packs of Maya Road trinket pins, vintage and crystal, on Monday June 7.
Big Challenge, Big Prizes, Big Fun. I hope you will be joining me on my adventure.
1. The Skit Guys’ heart
2. God’s use of all creative medium to reach my heart
3. friends who listen to my “cards” often
4. my sweet Tabitha and her skills to help me
5. God who doesn’t let go of me, even when I try to push Him away