Debby's Designs Guest Designer: Katrina Hunt

Our next Designer for Debby’s Design is Katrina Hunt. Her enthusiasm is fantastic.  Katrina has been a reader of Debby’s Dare for a while, so it was nice when Katrina came on board to help me introduce Debby’s Design Vintage Girls.


Katrina took a different look a Debby’s Design Vintage Girl tags. I loved the bright colors and my favorite photo of the old coffee mill.. The vintage tag worked perfectly.


"While scrapping this old coffee mill and trying to come up with a title, I remembered that Starbucks workers are sometimes referred to as "baristas" which then led me to looking at the tags and finding the image of the girl that fit! Since I did not have to "create" a tag from scratch, I used this tag as a jumping point by just adding some ribbon at the top to highlight and accent my journaling. I am not a big journaling person normally, but I found that by using a tag of this sort, it gave me just enough space to jot down a few thoughts. And how great are those lines! I cannot write in a straight line at all...so the lines are a great addition to the tag! I thought about adding distress ink to the tag, but decided that this was the look that I wanted for this page. I had also thought about distressing the edges of the tag and adding some distress ink. Oh no....I think there is another project on the horizon!!! Hope you enjoyed my page!"


I read that Katrina suffers with the same affliction I do….in her words “I am not that great in my card making skills, but I think this one is pretty cute!” I do too Katrina. “The tag with the two girls and just thought it would make a perfect embellishment for a Thinking of You card. I just trimmed it to fit my card, rounded the corners and the inked the edges.”

Thank you Katrina. You can see more of her creations at Paper, Scissors and Glue.

RAK/GIVEAWAY ALERT!

Would you like a set of 6 different tags? Leave a comment on this post for Katrina and for the intro of Debby’s Design. I'll post a winner in the morning.

Winner of yesterday's Set of Debby's Design Vintage Tags is
Random Integer Generator
Here are your random numbers:  23
Timestamp: 2010-07-20 07:04:54 UTC

Congratulations
2MiniSchnauzers said...

How cool are these tags?! I love how she uses vintage and modern together. Very pretty!!

Send you snail mail address to DebbysDare@gmail.com
You can buy your own set of Vintage Girls, Vintage Boys, and Vintage Romance at heART of Scrapbooking.

It is another wonderfully creative day.

Gratitude List
1. Katrina
2. Jimmy
3. Joan Haven who proofed my website and boy, did it need it!
4. God’s strength in preparations for my trip to Chicago
5. God’s Timing in my life

Comments

  1. These are gorgeous! I love the way she mixed it all together and ended up with perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully done Katrina! Thanks very much for the inspiration!...Nancy :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Katrina's layout! So much fun! The card is great, too! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice Katrina!!!The tags look great on vintage paper or bright paper-so mant uses for these "great" tags!!! sweet!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These tags are so adorable. They remind me of some pictures of my grandmother.
    Love the layout, and the card turned out beautifully

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous projects Katrina!!! Love the card!!! Congrats on being the guest designer...you rock girl!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous projects Katrina. Great post Debby!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMYGOSH!! Katrina!! That is ONE AMAZING title and one AMAZING lo!!!! I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee those tag....and girl...YOU ROCKED the card! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the vintage lines and I'd love to use them in my genealogy scrapbook. I'm off to check out Heart of Scrapbooking! Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous vintage-y creations, Katrina! Love the bright colors on your layout! and the card is so sweet! I really love the two lil girls on the tag, and that ribbon is perfect! Beautiful work :)
    hugs, margie

    ReplyDelete
  11. these tags are great on cards and I love that vintage feel it seems to give everything...Awesome product!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great stuff here Katrina!! No surprise to me though! You rocked it!! That card is awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Loved both projects. I think that the card was fantastic. I loved the color choices.

    ReplyDelete
  14. that cards rocks my socks off! Katrina is one of my favorite designers.
    Debby, just adore your tags.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've been a hold out on vintage, but you are winning me over! TFS!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, ask a question, or just bring the chocolate for your next visit to Ds Paper Studio!