Come Fly with Me!

We rode the sky ride for the first time ever.  It was so much fun to see the lights and people from above.  It was very exciting.  Come ride with me for the second.

Create your own video slideshow at animoto.com.

Of course there was food...some very weird like fried Snicker Bars, fried butter balls, Krispy Kreme hamburgers. Sorry, I'm not that willing to die of heart failure. LOL


Bread Pudding is my absolute favorite Fair Food.


Read the different fried items they have.  Some love it...but I'm not even thinking I want any.


 Fiske Fries is one of Jim's favorites.


My wonderful husband.


 My favorite Fair dinner...Polish Sausage!


Yum!

Games, Animals, Crafts, and more is all part of the State Fair experience that Jim and I enjoyed.




My entry in the punch category...but sadly no ribbon, but they displayed it greatly.  I used Fiskars Squeeze Punch, scalloped square.


"Jim, it's not about winning, it's about having fun!"


You can tell it's the end of the Fair for us when Jim buys his fresh cinnamon donuts!

Notes and Such
I'm heading out to a crop at Michael's this afternoon...if you are in the area stop in and say hello. 

Today is the last day for the Deal of the Week...Spooky.  You can see the details on THIS post.

New Deal of the Week on Monday!  In the meantime go check out the product of the week and other new items that have been added to the heART of Scrapbooking.

I have a party and a football game Saturday so I hope you have a great weekend as well!

Gratitude List
1.  tons of energy today
2.  a great husband
3.  simple fun
4.  God's absolute greatness!
5.  God's goodness in my life

Comments

  1. That looks like a bunch of fun! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow the fair looked so fun. i have never heard of fried snickers. interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Krispy Kreme hambugers? Seriously!? When my sisters go to the fair, their goal is to eat all the weird fried things. As for me, fried food is not my friend anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you have made me homesick for the Iowa State Fair. I haven't been able to go the past few years, since the teachers started back before the fair starts, but my mom took my daughters out to see my older daughters 4-H projects that qualified. There is just something about a state fair.

    Here is Iowa besides all of the fried food we have salad on a stick and chocolate covered bacon. No I haven't gotten up the nerve to try it, but I understand that it is really good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like fun! Now I'm hungry.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my...I love state fairs...and ya just gotta love the food. Good grief, they'll fry up just about anything!! Some might be good to try, but most, I think I can pass on!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. thanks for sharing....i love this blog....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Now that looks like a fun day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I sure hope we'll be able to go this year... it's been several years since we've been. But I can only go if someone is here for my mom. At least I got to enjoy your pix! I love your tree, it should have one something. Thanks for the experience Debbie

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, ask a question, or just bring the chocolate for your next visit to Ds Paper Studio!