Day 4 of the 12 Days of Home for the Holidays: Welcome Amy Coon!

Amy is the founder and owner of The PaperLife.  You might have seen her video and tutorials.  She has amazing guest designers and there is always a lot of fun at the PaperLife.  Most of all Amy is kind and sweet.  I was fortunate to meet her during this past summer's CHA.  Although she was very busy she took the time to say hello and chat awhile. 

Welcome Amy Coon!

Happy Holidays everyone here at Debby's Dare! My name is Amy Coon and I host the scrapbooking website http://thepaperlife.com home of inspiring podcasts and the amazing papergirls.

When thinking back on what I wanted to tell you all about my holiday celebrations many many wonderful memories came to mind but , one I think you will all appreciate and that has probably played a big role in where I find myself today is how big a part handmaking things for the holidays has always been, and continues to be for me and my family.

I come from a long line of creative women. From quilting, to ceramics, to cross stitching and baking and everything in between, someone in my family always had a handmade project going for Christmas. Ornaments were a big handmade item. I have beaded angels from my aunt one year. I will always remember the elf grandma hand made for her tree out of a whole role of lifesavers. And each year at Christmas for me meant, a hand made dress from my mom to wear during our Church Christmas Eve service.

I continue this legacy myself through my papercrafting. As I look around my decorated home right now, I see so many ornaments, vignettes, and decorations that I myself have handmade for the holidays. I guess to me it wouldn't be the holidays without my handmade art in it.

I want to pass this handmade tradition on to my children and to all who follow the Paperlife and celebrate the holidays so, I am going to leave you with some handmade holiday ideas for yourself in hopes that one of them might inspire you to do the same. Merry "handmade" Christmas and a Happy New Year to each of you from myself and all of us at The paperlife.




Hugs, Amy
http://thepaperlife.com

Thank you Amy.  I just went over to the paperlife and I love your dream tree!  If you get a chance click on the link and see just what I mean.  I love your use of the frames, very cool.  I love my mother's handmade crafts.  She quilts and just about anything else she can do.  These are my treasures for the holidays.

Don't forget to stop by tomorrow for another exciting guest!

Comments

  1. Thank you so much for sharing Amy! Your ideas are so lovely...a recipe book for just holiday recipes is a great idea! Have a Merry Christmas!
    See you soon Debby!...Nancy :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never heard of the paperlife before, thank you for sharing, and I will check her out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for sharing Amy!

    Debbie, it is the only time of the day that i can have all to myself so i always wake up before anyone else. and you were right there behind me-hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  4. oooooooooo very cool projects. will be hooking up amy's website. tfs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. THANK YOU FOR SHARING, AND DEBBY,I'M LOVING THE 12 DAYS OF CHRISTMAS,A GIFT EVERYDAY..

    ReplyDelete
  6. What wonderful decorations, and celebrations. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, ask a question, or just bring the chocolate for your next visit to Ds Paper Studio!