It's a Winter Wonderland!

I am from the midlands of South Carolina...middle of the state.  Upstate sees snow much more than we do.  Matter-of-fact this year is the first year to have two years of snow.  Yes we were part of the huge snow storm of the east over the weekend.  I know that the states in the north are still have a very rough time. 

Everyone had to work yesterday so I had to play in the snow by myself.  Hopefully, someone will play with me this morning as we got another round of snow yesterday evening.  The photos were early on in the snow day and the wind was so cold with the snow pelting down I didn't play long. Here are a few photos from my snow day!


 The branch reminds me of Tim Holtz's Alteration tree.




Jimmy made me a little Snowman and brought it in the house for me to decorate before he went to work.  FYI:  my son saved the snowman by taking it back outside and placing it on the side of the grill.  LOL

Recap on my Christmas
I had a wonderful time with my family.  We rarely get everyone in the same room as three of my children are married, but Christmas Eve we were all together and it was a blast!  We exchanged gifts.  But Jimmy, going through his second childhood, decided that we were going to buy everyone in the family a Nerf gun.  What ensued was the most hilarious time we've had in a long time.  My grown children started a Nerf War and my grandchildren, who we gave super Nerf guns, was in the middle of it all. 




Happenings
Watch Ali Edwards' blog for the annual One Little Word.  I've participated for the three years now.  This year's Word was Determined.  I'll be sharing how that word helped me through this year.  Now it's time to pick another Word.  I think I have it...but I need to write down how this Word will help me through my goals for the next year.  So come along on a wonderful trip.  I'll be sharing more tomorrow!

Gratitude List
1.  a wonderful time with my family
2.  celebrating of the birth of Christ!
3.  snow
4.  a hug and laughter
5.  God's wonderful gift to me of my family

Comments

  1. Happy to hear you had a wonderful Christmas with your family.
    LOL about the Nurf guns, I bought them for my girls, hubby and I.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, ask a question, or just bring the chocolate for your next visit to Ds Paper Studio!