Do you miss the newsletters? I do but I don't.
I love sitting in my living room reading and rereading my newsletters. It is easy to go back and read them again a week or two later and some of them I even save for inspiration.
Save the trees is my first thought about about the newsletters. Also e-newsletters allows frequent correspondence to the readership. Here's the one I like the best: I love the links included in my e-newsletter that connect to teaching/inspirational sites. It really expands the use of the e-newsletter and I get more information than ever before.
The first e-newsletter I ever subscribed to is Scrapbooking.com. It is full of inspiration, contests, and links. Scrapbooking.com is an online magazine full of ideas and instructions as well as the latest trends. I love to check out the layouts that are in the e-newsletters over at the online magazine.
The latest newsletter peaked my interest so I clicked on the link to the magazine. I found a layout by Lisa Swift that I just had to make. I love paper layering! The title of the article is "Baby It's Cold Outside." Here's mine.
- When you don't have the measurements of the paper pieces, make a "draft" of your layout. Use a couple of pieces of inexpensive cardstock and your base paper and experiment until you get the right dimension you need. It will save your patter paper.
- Save your scrap paper! Many of the pieces above were left over pieces of Basic Grey I had saved from a few years ago. Yes, I keep paper pieces and this layout proves it's a good thing.
- Ink the edges of your paper and it helps "separate" the pieces more and add a cool look to your page.
- Don't put away your sewing machine! Hand stitching is fun but not all the time.
Yes, I have a winner chosen by Random.org.
marla said...I am not really involved in any official challenges for the new year but I am going to challenge myself to get caught up on my scrapbooking. I am a year behind right now and want to get caught up!! I need to get busy!!
Congratulations Marla. Send your snail mail address to DebbysDare@gmail.com
Fellowship of Scrapbookers is hosting a crop in Lexington, SC tomorrow and I can't wait to see everyone. I hope you have a Creative Weekend.
1. my good humored husband
2. Tabitha and David
3. taking time
4. God's gift of life
5. God for turning an ordinary relationship into an extraordinary one