This is Christina, my daughter-in-law's niece. Christina is so adorable! Yesterday Vanessa told me that her and her mother decided that Christina should call me Grandma Debby. What an honor.
This day was at my house. I could not resist taking photos. I had put the bench in front of the doorway of my studio so that Christina would not get into something and get hurt. She would stand at the doorway while I was creating. I gave her a 12 x 12 sheet of cardstock and her "Nessie" sat at the bench to color (first photo). While coloring my Bailey Bailey (doxie) came into the studio underneath the bench. Christina was watching. In a few minutes Christina was following Bailey Bailey underneath the bench (third photo) and was very pleased when she made it to the other side (middle photo). What a smart little girl.
- I really liked adding the small touches. The bit of bling, the scalloped flower (left), the little red loops that are actually decorative labels cut apart, and touches of red ink on the background.
- The Fiskars Circle Punch makes adorable "doilies."
- With ink you can do almost anything!
- I like accenting my chipboard letter with paint.
- Adding all these elements will have those looking at my book delight with color and contrast along with all the elements.
- Iron-ons on the clearance isle are great to add to a layout. It is the brown, leather looking, tall flower. I did not iron it on instead I used Glue Dots® Adhesives.
Today is a busy day. My daughter's baby shower is tomorrow. I've been making a few items for the shower. Today my challenge is to make a baby shower book for her memories and keepsakes. I'm using the "YOURSTORY" by Procraft. I really like this book binding system.
I "Dare Ya" to check out your favorite manufactures' websites this weekend to see all the new lines of paper, embellishments, and more that are going to be at your store very soon.
Have a Creative Weekend!
1. friends that care
2. God's comfort and love when it seems overwhelming
3. Vanessa and Christina
4. my adorable husband
5. my beautiful daughter