I decided if I could not go that I would certainly play. Fiskateers and Two Peas in a Bucket on-line communities both have on-line crops going on. I still working on several challenges but I thought I'd share a few from Two Peas in a Bucket's CHA's online social.
The different challenges have some type of scrapbooking design element. I love it. What a way to learn. The first challenge was "When in doubt wear red" a quote by Bill Blass. The challenge: to use predominately red in my design.
I attended a jewelry party hosted by my daughter-in-law Vanessa. She brought her neices C and K to play with me. I played more than partied. LOL It was hard for C to not want to try out the jewelry. Doesn't every woman? I went over to the sale table and pulled up several braclets, necklaces and rings and put them on C. LOL She loved posing for the camaera and playing grown up. C is only 2 years old.
It's not easy being red! You certainly have to pick a black and white photo are a netural photo. That much red certainly has an effect on the photo and the photo is what it's all about.
Another challenge was Accessorize! "Diamonds are a Girls Best Friend." The design element was about bling! I opted to go simple and elegant on this one. They are easier than the ones very invovled and time is of the essence.
I love recording my granddaugthers personality traits as she grows. I picked two different expression and did some fun journaling.
- To use your stash. The black is Moxie's graduation line from last year and the blue floral is from Heidi Grace several years ago. It worked great. I have to do more of this.
- Simple can be fun and challenging.
This is one of my best friends Sudie from unKit. Sudie, who lives several hours from me came to my son's wedding to lend support and a hand. Best friends! I actually I thought I had lost my mind doing this layout. I wanted to add paint, ink, some bling all the stuff I love so much. I made the decision to really let the colors of the paper shine.
- Still using the older stash. The gold and aqua speciality paper is .....10 years old. Good gravey! The ribbon is from Basic Grey many years back.
- Going simple really allows my photos to pop.
- I love using Becky Higgins handwriting font.
- I like the creating the artsy layouts more! But you learn by doing what you haven't done before.
1. my Jimmy who did not complain and even help me have fun with scrapping this weekend
3. peace and quiet
4. excitement of crafting
5. that God is creative and added that to my life