Do You Have a Bit O' the Irish? Glue Dots® Adhesives Dottess Project

My family is proud of their Irish heritage.  My great-grandmother's family is from Ireland.  "We" arrived in the United States prior to the Revolutionary War.  So my family's been around for awhile!  My mother said she once saw a picture of my great-grandmother's mother and she had blazing red hair.  What's funny is that not many of us from the Cook family have red hair but we certainly inherted many other traits.  Of course a favorite holiday of mine is St. Patricks Day.  It's the donning of the green for us!  I created this pendant for this year's celebration:
“Luck of the Irish”

Glue Dots® Adhesives Used
     Mini
     Macro

I used Inkssentials Memory capsules, frames, and glass to create this project. I used 1 ½ x 1 ½ inch frame.

Background
Cut a 1 ½ inch square from your favorite Kraft paper. Ink the background square with Tim Holtz’s Distress Ink Peeled Paint. Perfect for St. Patty’s Day. Stamp a background image with Ranger’s Archival Ink Coffee and Studio 490 stamp set Art Rules.


Cut a clover out of Grungepaper that is inked with Peeled Paint and ink around the edges with Tim’s Distress Ink Vintage Photo. Use several Glue Dots® Adhesives Mini dots to adhere the clover to your background.

Print “Luck of the Irish on Kraft or white cardstock. Ink up with the Vintage Photo. Use Glue Dots® Adhesives Minis to adhere the words to the clover and background. Add a little Paperclip from Tim Holtz’s collection from Advantus Embellishment Mini Clips-Antique Nickel/Brass/Copper.

Here comes the newest fun product from Glue Dots® Adhesives: Macro! They are so tiny yet adhere beautifully. Adhere the Tim Holtz’s Advantus Spinner with Macro and add a bit of green bling with the Macro as well. Just wait, you are going to love this adhesive dot!


Along with the glass back and the capsule on top of the charm slide all of it into the frame. Add a Tim Holtz Trinket Pin to the top. Hook it all to your bling necklace!

Add a bit of green to your wardrobe this St. Patrick Day!!

I wrote this blog post while participating on the Glue Dots® design team.

Personal
I had a "first" yesterday.  I've avoided all my life, with purpose, painting rooms.  It just did not hold any appeal for me.  Yesterday I had my first lesson in painting 101 with Ruth.  My daughter wanted to add stripes to the baby's room.  I called my dearest friend who does know how to do all this.  She and I spent the afternoon and evening taping off stripes, about 1 hour per wall and then painting the first coat.  Well, Ruth did most of the work.  My first experience was not as bad as I thought it would be.  LOL David was to finish the second coat last night.  I can't wait to see it.    

It's been hard for nearly two weeks to get my creativity onto my pages.  I can't see it getting any better in the next few weeks.  I'm going to have to learn to function on less sleep to get my crafty therepy!

Have a crafty weekend!

Gratitude List
1.  Ruth
2.  a wonderful time with my friend
3.  my Jacob
4.  God's gift to me in Jimmy
5.  God's love that forgives and forgets

Comments

  1. Lovely pendant Debby! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the pendant and yup got a bit o'the blarney.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the pendant! very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good Morning, Debby~~~
    Thanks for showing us your new
    TREASURE ! I think it's just
    wonderful !
    I too, have a bit of news....
    I just started a blog, too! Not
    to sure what I'm doing though, lol.
    If you are interested, I would love
    to invite you over to "my house"
    teehee..... As ever, Moe
    moejoetreasures

    ReplyDelete
  5. That pendant rocks Debby, that will be so fun to wear on St. Patty's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I live it!!! I did one of those at Christmas time and loved the process!! Your's looks fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great pendant!! Super cute idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is too cool! Love your faux shamrock! St. Patrick's day is one of my favorite holidays (wierd, huh?). Congrats on your painting lesson. Stripes is very ambitious for a beginner!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous11:10 PM

    This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. such a great pendant!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, ask a question, or just bring the chocolate for your next visit to Ds Paper Studio!