About two years ago I was going through my Dad's old albums. Most of the photos were clear and crisp. Every now and again I would find one that was faded or too dark. I stumbled across an old photo that was very dark and the figures in the photo were small. There was more background than people.
I scanned the photo and moved it to Photoshop. I played with several techniques until I could get a clear and somewhat clean photo. I decided to increase the zoom so I could get a better look at the photo.
I could barely believe what I saw. It was a photo of my dad and his niece Frances. Dad was 15 years old when he went to live with his sister, Pearl. She literally saved my Dad's life. This photo is the earliest photo of my Dad that I've found to date. If you look in the window at the reflection you can see my Aunt Pearl taking the photo. I'm thankful for modern photo editing!
What I Learned
- Just because you have it in your brain to do a technique does not mean it works for all photos. I wasted 3 sheets of Kraft paper trying to do this funky technique of spritzing a dye ink and letting it run down the page. Didn't work for this photo. But I will try again.
- Pre-made frames can be made to be geometric accents. I took a frame from K and Co.'s baby line and cut it a little less than half-way. I added a bit of Paint Dabbers, Snow Cap from Ranger and rubbed it into the crevasse.
- I love the bird (Stampers Anonymous, Tim Holtz stamps) cut from grungeboard and holding the trinkets.
- Not all labels have to go inside the bookplate!
- Rub-ons are still fun.
- Adding a bit of Crackle Paint (Ranger) to a brad can give your college that extra touch.
Two bloggers picked 8 albums. I Random.org the two and they winner of the Scrap Therapy packet is ...
Congrats on your Toyour kids on there New home. I will say that you made 8 albums with all those Lo's.
My favorite roses my hubby gave me on Valentines Day.
1. the beauty, the heart, the compassion, and drive of my daughter, Tabitha
2. Jim's love for me
3. for God's provision even in the little things that are "wants"
4. overcoming doubts
5. Grace, Grace, God's Grace, Grace that will pardon and cleanse within