Here are two layouts I did in response to both 2Peas (Two Peas In A Bucket) and Fiskateers challenges. Two for one!
This is my mom in the early 60s. I have always loved her dress. She actually saved it and gave it to me many years ago. I still have it sitting in the back of my closet. This was her party or cocktail dress. That was the Fiskateer challenge, to do a layout pertaining to the theme of "cocktails" to correspond to what Angel Daniels was doing at CHA. For 2Peas it was to do something "dreamy." I didn't get the "dreamy" down too well, but now I have another goal for something to learn.
- For the effect I was trying to get I should have slimmed down the main area I was scrapping.
- Look at the packaging when you buy stamps. I was in my local scrapbook store looking for some background stamps. I couldn't find what I wanted but I ran across this dress form, gears, and butterfly. I loved them at first sight. They are by Hampton Art. I picked them up for the first time to use them and just kept admiring them. Then I noticed...they were Graphic 45's designs! I knew I liked them for a reason.
- A splash of color can pop a page.
From Fiskateers the challenge was to create something that is inspired by the theme "Tea Party," which is the theme Tami Bayer used at CHA. The 2Peas challenge was using a hanging tag that came from a package or packaging.
I've been contemplating hosting a tea party for my granddaughter and several of my friends children and grandchildren. I think it would be fine with hats, white gloves, oversize hats, and strings of necklaces!
- I learned to use my Fiskars Round 'n Round Circle Squeeze Punches to make a large flower. I think what I would do differently is to create a base or backing that has adhesive on it to put the petals in place before adding the center circle.
- To be flexible and ready to turn a mistake into a new technique. I used sticker lettering to make my title then dabbed Rangers Dabbers Snow Cap over it. I took the letters off to try and just use the negative space. That does not work on busy paper! LOL I did have the letters to place back on the page, except I moved the letters to the right slightly so the title would have a bit of shadowing.
Guess who made this incredible paper?!
I want to let you know that Connie Mercer of crafting goodies has been published several times using Debby's Design Tags. Well, she's at it again and is going to be published with Debby's Design Tags. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to say where yet so I'll wait. Congrats Connie!
I feel a RAK coming on soon. Stay tuned for next week's blog posts.
1. time with my daughter
2. seeing old friends
4. a wonderful hair cut
5. God's continued had of protection on my life...often undeserved