Isaiah 54:10 'Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you WILL NOT BE SHAKEN nor my covenant of peace be removed, says the Lord who has compassion on you.'
I love going through my dad's old photos. I'm privileged to have so many photos of Dad in the service, of our extended family, of mom and dad when they were so young, and of me from the time I was only a few days old.
These photos are among my favorite that Dad took of me. We were living in Berlin, Germany at the time. I just love the look of the little outfit along with my favorite accessory...my hat! By the way, I wasn't camera shy!
(click on photo to see the details)What I Learned
- I'm totally in love with Graphic 45's Once Upon a Springtime. I think it's the fairies.
- Tammy from G45's design team created a wonderful birdcage project. I noticed the shimmering wings on the fairies. It was a bit unusual so I asked her about it. The key was using spray adhesive. I sprayed the wings and then I used diamond dust. I love the effect.
- The old and the new do work together. The circles are Grommets from Making Memories several years ago. I found this package at Big Lots for 50 cents. I love the them on this layout.
- Work outside the box. I'm learning this more everyday. I'm starting to do a bit more with ribbon and lace than laying it across a layout. I love folding back the edges in an unusual way.
- Using Tim Holtz Distress Ink around the edges of the different paper pieces really adds to the overall design. It gives it a finished look.
- If you scan and print your photos then no photo is scared. I did not mind adhering embellishments to the photos.
- FYI: I used Fiskars Squeeze Punch for the frog cut out. I think it is so cute.
1. the safety of my family
2. God's comfort
3. Miss Raelyn and Miss Hannah
4. hopes and dreams
5. an eternal strength instilled by God's grace