Spring has sprung in South Carolina except that the temperature dropped about 20 to 25 degrees and it's been raining and that makes it miserably cold.
I went looking in my photos for pictures that remind me of the signs of Spring. This is my granddaughter several years ago. It was a beautiful Spring day and she wanted to go outside. She put Bailey on his leash and took the poor dog for a run! She sat in the swing my Uncle Earl made many years ago. What an enjoyable time we had 'just swinging.' Of course the ultimate sign of Spring here is the sandals/flip flops. Trees may bloom, flowers burst open with color, but it's not Spring unless you are wearing the sandals!
What I Learned or Didn't Learned
- Bo Bunny has some incredible papers. This is from there Gabrielle line.
- I totally love Spring!
- ** I can't figure out how to layer elements and place the photos on top. In this case the ribbon is bulky and my photo are lifted up in a way I don't like.
- **I used a Prima mask and Perfect Pearls Spray to create a light accent. The close up gives you just a hint of the flower design. Whether I use Maya Mist, Glimmer Mist, or Perfect Pearls Spray my paper foundation always "warps." I know it is the liquid content in the different mists. How can you avoid or correct the problem?
- Brads are our friends. The tiny white flowers are from Making Memories. They are perfect accent. It's been awhile since I've used brads in any quantity.
- I love the epoxy embellishments from Prima. Very cool.
- **I may have every pack of sticker letters, run-on letters, naked chipboard, designer chipboard, (and I mean a lot!), Circut, and Slice you never have enough letters or the right style of letters, or the right colors. I did use my Slice, Basic 3, which has a nice font. But I had already gone through everything at that point. I need to go through some of my stash and if it mixes and matches, keep; if there are not enough vowels it's time to move on. If you have some ideas let me know.
- Keep all your pieces. The Kaisercrafts wooden element was a piece left over from another project. The Prima pearls and lace left over from a recent layout, The paper flowers are several years old from Hero Arts.
I plan on a Crafty weekend, how about you?
Do have a Crafty day!
2. God's promises
3. God's faithfulness and surety
4. Time and Love produced the best love of all
5. safety of my family