Scrapbook Layout Quilted

Thank you bloggers for all the kind comments from Monday's post.  They are always so encouraging.

If you think I had a hard time on the first quilted layout you should have been there while I was completing this layout.  At one point in my crafty beginnings I was into making the foundation of a layouts from quilt patterns.  It felt like I was truly a quilter.  Do you have a guess which paperline I used for this layout?  Let's put it this way, I could never get enough. 

The Story
This is a photo of my mom's "Daddy." Like most daughters Grandpa was Mom's first love.  Grandpa was a very quiet man and there are few photos of him.  I think he was a bit camera shy.  The photo was taken at Grandpa's house.  The suit he is wearing was one of those "rare occasions" that he wore a suit. 

The Before Layout
(bad photo...made awhile back before I got the hang of things)

The After Layout
Things I Learned
  • It's fun to use the old stash.  The die cut, rub-ons, "Prince Charming" label, and the title lettering are all from more than a year ago.  The paper also is from some time ago.
  • I used "Swatch Book" for the writing around the star.  It frames the star. 
  • Although unsure how it was going to look I ended up really liking the rub-on flourish in the top corner.
  • You can print on pattern paper.  The die cut next to the photo has printed images.  I used my Tim Holtz Distress Ink Pumice and used it to tone down the writing.  I edged the die-cut with Vintage Photo.  I ran it through my printer using a bold font. 
  • I can make silhouettes.   I watched a video on YouTube that taught me how you make a Silhouette with Photoshop Elements.  I'll be making more!
  • The title "Daddy" was made from some older Making Memories glittered alphabet.  I sanded each letter to remove a lot of the glitter.  I inked them using Ranger's Archival Ink Black.  I ran the letters through my Xyron Sticker Maker.  The glitter left on the letters and inked over gives the letters a distressed look with the different shades of black.
 Although it was very hard to finish this layout I'm glad I did. 

Have a wonderfully Crafty Day!

Gratitude List
1.  Tabitha's strength
2.  R's smiles
3.  pushing myself to do something I needed to do for several years
4.  God's forgiveness, grace, and unyielding love for me
5.  unexpected gifts

Comments

  1. Debby, I just love how this layout turned out, it is truly a work of art! I love the additions you made to the layout - the rub on flourishes are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it too and the Silhouette is awesome!! This is extra~ordinary my friend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great layout Debby! I love the way you left the quilt showing so much and the "I still remember" rub ons are perfect around the star. It's beautiful. I'm looking forward to more shilouettes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I love it! It turned out great. Love how you used the photo but can still see so much of the quilted portion.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did a great job with the shilouettes! You always do such a beautiful job. Your LOs always show the love you have put into them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so beautiful - what lovely work you do. And what a very special photograph.

    And I love your gratitude list :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh wow! This is so cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Debby, this is so beautiful! I love the quilting. Everything about this layout is so very special. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh this is fabulous! The silhouette really completes it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. this is so cool=it turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my goodness, this is amazing! I love that silhouette! The whole layout is just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a special layout.
    Love the quilted star.
    I didn't know you could make your own silhouette. I photocopied my photo and then traced it by hand. I bet your way was easier ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, ask a question, or just bring the chocolate for your next visit to Ds Paper Studio!