If you think I had a hard time on the first quilted layout you should have been there while I was completing this layout. At one point in my crafty beginnings I was into making the foundation of a layouts from quilt patterns. It felt like I was truly a quilter. Do you have a guess which paperline I used for this layout? Let's put it this way, I could never get enough.
This is a photo of my mom's "Daddy." Like most daughters Grandpa was Mom's first love. Grandpa was a very quiet man and there are few photos of him. I think he was a bit camera shy. The photo was taken at Grandpa's house. The suit he is wearing was one of those "rare occasions" that he wore a suit.
The Before Layout
(bad photo...made awhile back before I got the hang of things)
The After Layout
Things I Learned
- It's fun to use the old stash. The die cut, rub-ons, "Prince Charming" label, and the title lettering are all from more than a year ago. The paper also is from some time ago.
- I used "Swatch Book" for the writing around the star. It frames the star.
- Although unsure how it was going to look I ended up really liking the rub-on flourish in the top corner.
- You can print on pattern paper. The die cut next to the photo has printed images. I used my Tim Holtz Distress Ink Pumice and used it to tone down the writing. I edged the die-cut with Vintage Photo. I ran it through my printer using a bold font.
- I can make silhouettes. I watched a video on YouTube that taught me how you make a Silhouette with Photoshop Elements. I'll be making more!
- The title "Daddy" was made from some older Making Memories glittered alphabet. I sanded each letter to remove a lot of the glitter. I inked them using Ranger's Archival Ink Black. I ran the letters through my Xyron Sticker Maker. The glitter left on the letters and inked over gives the letters a distressed look with the different shades of black.
Although it was very hard to finish this layout I'm glad I did.
Have a wonderfully Crafty Day!
1. Tabitha's strength
2. R's smiles
3. pushing myself to do something I needed to do for several years
4. God's forgiveness, grace, and unyielding love for me
5. unexpected gifts