Lilly is my son and daughter-in-law's tiny blessing. Lilly showed up on our doorstep one day and wouldn't go away. We asked around about the pup. No one claimed her and no one came looking for her. After several weeks we called the Humane Society to find out when we could claim her as "ours." They said "the day she showed up on our doorsteps." Lilly showed several signs of abuse and neglect. Although she is still skittish about certain things she has become the heart of Vanessa and Adam. A dog should only wish to be so well welcomed to a family.
- NEVER throw away my scraps! LOL I know that is not always possible, but in this case it worked for me.
- Adding texture to a page brings flavor to a page. I loved using the fiber.
- Last minute ideas can often go astray. At the last minute I decided to add texture to my layout. I thought of running the fiber down the edge of the paper. Because everything was already adhered I just picked up the edge of the striped piece of paper and punched it with Fiskars Border Punch Leave It To Weaver. I did not get the paper all the way into the punch. I cut some of the edges off by mistake. I ran the fiber anyway and used Tim Holtz's Tiny Fastener to secure the edges. Creative solutions.
- Little "Mary, Mary Quite Contrary" was already cut in half. Fortunately I had both halves. I thought I'd have fun and not put it all the way back together, but leave a bit of space in between.
- I'm doing more journaling on my layouts. Just don't ask me to hand write anything.
It's nearly time for another blogger appreciate giveaway. Check back on Monday!
Have a Crafty Weekend!
2. tiny moments that warm your heart
3. making memories for my family to pass on to their children
4. learning the meaning of "a life of Grace"
5. the struggles God uses for our growth and strength