I've always wanted to do a wall in my home with a series of layouts framed in black. We are working little at a time to do some renovating to my house. So I've decided to do a "room" with layouts of my family. I have an informal dinning room that I think once I'm finished I'm going to be very satisfied. I have all but two of the layouts complete except two. I hope to have those by Friday.
I found myself drawn to one of my favorite paper lines to do this project: Graphic 45.
This is my oldest granddaughter. She was only about 7 when we met her and fell in love at first sight. Amber is my son's oldest daughter. I can't believe how she has grown. I still remember that shy little girl, missing a few teeth, hiding behind her mother's skirt.
What Fun I Had
- I used Epiphany Crafts Shape Studio and Button Studio to make my distressed flower center. I adore how the Graphic 45 paper is highlighted with the clear epoxy cap on top. They brown flower on the bottom is Epiphany Crafts Star Flower Adobe. I spritz it with a bit of Inkadinkado Spray Ink from EK Success. The epoxy caps are so clear.
- I also used Epiphany Crafts Shape Studio and their Tea Room Vintage Setting to make more accents with Graphic 45. The original Vintage Setting I chose was white. I added two different alcohol inks and dabbed them on to the Vintage Setting to give it a layered lacy look that matched the paper line.
- I love love love to layer. I also wanted to leave part of the background paper uncovered. It's all so beautiful.
- I gave the layout a splash of color to match the scarf in the photo.
- I choose this paper line because when we first came into Amber's life she was a dancer and we always went to her recital. It was a real time of family fun and excitement.
Tomorrow is Giveaway Day!
I'm having a whirlwind week. This Saturday is my son's high school graduation and family is coming in from out of town. We are do the "company" cleaning this week. I expect little sleep.
I will be posting one more of the Dinning Room layouts tomorrow along with a fun Giveaway. Check back tomorrow for the details.
Have a Crafty Day!
2. seeing Miss Raelyn today
3. Adam and his hard work around the house
4. Lilly's playfulness that helps my have fun in cleaning
5. a longsuffering husband
6. God's gift to me of my beautiful family