1a : to influence, move, or guide (The Merriam-Webster)
This journey I chose has almost become an obsession. To search and find inspiration and techniques is an incredible adventure.
This layout was inspired by Claudine Hellmuth's book-kit, The Scrapbookers Creativity Kit! (FYI: Check out Amazon and the kit's regular price is $19.99, it is on sale for $4.88! WOW) This is not a paper kit but is a compilation of and idea book and a card deck to mix and match "guaranteed to jump-start your creativity." Claudine is an incredible artist. Many of her signature products can be found at Ranger. No, I don't get paid for the endorsement, she is just an over-the-top inspiration to me!
This is my older granddaughter. This Spring is the first time she has been involved in a sports team or an organized team. For an hour on Saturdays Jim and I watch her play. It is a wonder to see her do fancy foot work, run, and as goalie grab the ball and throw it with such passion. How much fun are granddaughters.
- I'm beginning to love layouts without the paper layering. That doesn't mean I'm going to stop. I love how simple can be beautiful.
- I'm usually a one photo scrapbooker. My goal is to learn to add multiple photos in a creative way.
- Mistakes are the creative moments in life. When making my tag I messed up by not placing the type in the correct space for me to trim off the edge to fit. All the empty space was at the top of the tag. I just tore off the top of the tag, shorted the tag to fit in the space, inked the edges once again, and placed it on top of the journaling tag. I ended up loving it more than the original tag!
- I do not need to have a die or to score the accordion embellishment. I remember folding accordion style when I was a child. I cut my paper and just started to fold back and forth. TaDa! It turned out great.
- I've been digging into the older stash I picked up at the scrapbook yardsale. I found Heidi Swapp's alphabet the same exact color of the Kaisercraft paperline.
Have a Crafty Day!
1. baby good days
2. my incredible son
3. safety while driving
4. the privilege of watching the next generation grow
5. God's plan for my family