For this layout I was trying something simple: three sections that are horizontal. The first layer is the "bubbles" made from Epiphany Crafts Shape Studio. Second layer is the photos and the third layer is the fish, title and journaling. It's simple, but it's a start.
Isn't she the cutest thing? I just can love and kiss her all day long. My daughter and son-in-law love the beach. I really do mean they love it. Recently they spent several days at the beach. Little Honey really had a blast according to all the photos. These photos are just so colorful I could not resist (like I would) adding them to her scrapbook. FYI: LH is three months old.
- Cutesy is hard. I kept wanting to "cluster" and ink. LOL
- I found the fish clip art on the Internet. I sized it and printed on the back of my cardstock. It was just a matter of cutting, inking (couldn't help it) and adding a little eye with Sakua's Glaze pen, black. In order to keep with the theme of cutesy I add a tiny bow on three of the fish!
- What's fish without bubbles. I took this opportunity to make my own bubbles using Epiphany Crafts Shape Studio. I layered the navy blue with white to make bubbles that match LH's bathing suit. Remember when you layer using the Shape Studio make sure you press the cap onto the paper very well then punch.
- The waves are made from Love Elise's paperline. I love this line and it is so sad they Elise no longer designs. This paper is several years old. I cut along a few designed lines and layered all three pieces to give it a fun, cutesy wave effect.
- The background paper is Core'dinations White Wash line. It's core color is blue. Without sanding or tearing, the blue faintly shows through the white for a cool effect.
- The camera makes a difference. My daughter just bought a new camera and it takes the most incredible photos. BUT she makes the biggest difference. She has an eye for unique, fun, beautiful, photos and capturing moments and feelings.
- When you print photos double check the size. I wanted my main photo to be a 4 x 6, but I didn't double check the print size and ended up with a 5 x 7. I don't want to waste so I used it.
I'm in for a week of pure fun playing with Little Honey. I'm also working with my Cricut Imagine for the next few weeks using it to design LH's playroom. I'm in for some cool fun.
Have a Crafty Day!
1. Omi and Gramps
2. special moments with Jacob
3. little Lilly
4. my heritage of creative women
5. God's blessing of being able to be in my grandchildren's lives.