I've been going through photos and mementos of his childhood. It will take me another lifetime to scrap them all...to tell the stories.
The photo is of Jay and a couple a friends on their Air Force JROTC trip this past year. One place they visited was the Museum of Aviation. Jay's dream is to fly for the Air Force. This was a real treat to be able to see and sit in some of the airplanes of the past. This is another page of his story.
- I cut out the "NASA" symbol from one of Jay's photos. I forgot about the wealth of elements and embellishments you can take from a photo. In the early years I did this all the time. I guess some things never go out of style.
- I wasn't sure what I was going to do with this paper. I purchased Bo Bunny's Blast Off because it was so darn cute, but it was way out of my style and comfort zone. I have learned through this journey to try and look at something from a different angle. Stretch the imagination.
- The pieces under the rosette are cut from several design of another sheet of their Blast Off paper. I wanted something sort of "spacey."
- Journaling was fun using my Epiphany Crafts Shape Studio. I printed out what I wanted to journal and place an epoxy cap on each word. The clear epoxy actually ended up sort of magnifying the words. It was a bit hard to figure out how to lay the journaling and I don't know if I'm satisfied with it the way it is, but this will not be a redo!
- I layered of Bo Bunny's paper with cardstock for the border strip but I wanted to add a little metal look for the theme of the layout. I added a strip of Silver Outline Stickers just under the orange cardstock.
- Have fun with your layout. I'm starting to really like the "cutesy" look. It really lifts my spirits and leaves a bit of laughter and fun when you are finished.
Have a Crafty Weekend!
2. God's provision for Jay's college expenses
3. opportunities to share
4. God's gift of Little Honey in my life
5. the wonder of God's creation